Search results

1. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Are there any solutions for running on IOS?
  2. D

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

i think it is a great toy to play with and experiment. For some live recordings, particularly rock stuff, I thought the DSP worked. I’ve never felt really comfortable with it on live classical recordings.
  3. D

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

Is that GEQ which you use by dragging the frequency response curve or can you use PEQ? i couldn’t see any documentation.
  4. D

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

I believe any standard USB-C to USB-C cable works with the S9 Pro and the S9, though ironically the cable supplied with both devices is non-standard and only works one-way round. You do need an appropriate cable for connecting to the lightning port on an iPhone (or use the Camera Connection...
  5. D

UAPP app for my phone.

Apologies if you know this but in UAPP Settings/USB Audio tweaks there is a buffer size option which helped me with problems on my Redmi 9T. There are other things to play with in the ‘tweaks’ area. David
  6. D

I connect my S9 pro to my iPhone via the HIDIZS LT02 cable which I purchased from Hifigo fairly cheaply. If you have an Apple Camera Connector kit then you can use any USB-C To UsB-A cable to connect the S9 Pro to the CCK. That involves an extra cable. David
  7. D

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

I’ve got an S8 which worked well with an old nexus phone as a transport. The phone broke and I’ve replaced it with a Redmi Note 9T and running a similar configuration with UAPP. However my S8 doesn’t give any sound out, even though the DAC is initialised by UAPP. An S9 and E9038D work as...
  8. D

Apple lossless official announcement

I tried Norah Jones Cold Cold Heart at 124/92kHz through the Apple Dongle and it sounded fine.
  9. D

Apple lossless official announcement

Qobuz/Tidal make it very easy to get into eq using UAPP and very low cost if you have an Android phone around. I’d be sad to lose that option.
  10. D

Ok, checked again. This tine USB camera cable (version without power connector), HIidisz usb c to Usb A adaptor, Hidizx one-way usb-c to usb-c worked for me with logo end into the S9. Clearly we are in YMMV territory
  11. D

1 and 2 are not expected to work. The Hidizs cables are one-way (which I think breaks the USB-C standard) and I haven’t been able to make them work consistently with an Ipad Pro (USB-C connector) so didn’t try with a lightening adapter but wouldn’t expect them to work anyway without the camera...
  12. D

HD6XX bass

Sorry, I don‘t understand this stuff enough - can you explain why two high pass filters at same point but different Q? Thanks.
  13. D

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

It is reasonable to go back and correct the Q5K review? It seems to me to undermine credibility if we don’t do that?
  14. D

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Do the tweak settings stick through moving the dongle to a different source, or do you have to reset each time you connect? Thanks
  15. D

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

I went the Qudelix route for eq, which indeed makes a big difference on old HE-400i, The app is as easy to deal with as Neutron is (or appears to me) difficult. I like exploring options so may go back to Neutron but my primary listening source is Qobuz so Neutron won’t work there. It would be...
  16. D

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

So are you using Neutron with your onboard Apple Music library - I thought it only worked in that mode? Congrats on understanding Neutron - I found the user interface fairly daunting. David
  17. D

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Apologies for coming back to this but which one did you get please?
  18. D

Hifiman HE400i Review (planar headphone)

Does anyone know the difference between analogue bell and digital bell?
  19. D

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

That is fantastically helpful - thinks. it will stretch my maths degree to really understand but I get the basic idea. I appreciate you taking the trouble to respond and so quickly. David
  20. D

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

Ok, I clearly don’t understand how the format used for storing digital music allows you to apply eq. Can you point me at a reference or even explain. I realise there is structure to the form of the digital information but I don’t know how that structure relates to db uplifts at various points...
Top Bottom