Search results

1. S

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

That file installs a panel in the taskbar and the asio driver. In roon or qobuz (the 2 I am using atm) you can then select adi dac 2 fs ASIO mode. With that the frequency changes automatically. In wasapi mode (exclusive or not) the music player cannot override the setting in the madinterface...
  2. S

I suppose you use it via USB, if so you can change the resolution in the Madiface interface for wasapi. After that you can only use the set frequency till you change again in the panel. If you want the 44k 48k 96k 192k dynamically changed by the music software you use (ex roon or qobuz) you need...
  3. S

levels very well matched... it is the first thing I do every time I do a test.. it si quite time comsuming but it is essential
  4. S

just to be sure every sound works as intended I have built a few dac/amp chains. The default filter of adi dac is sd sharp... comparing to the couple a90 (non mqa... I use qobuz and flacs)+a90... the chinese couple wins... but using the SD LD filter on the deutch dac against the mode6 of the d90...
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Not really an answer as I have not both but after reading reviews here and everywhere I was tempted by them. I choosed the d5 (amazon) and tested side by side with my hugo2. I sold the hugo2 and now I am very happy with d5. A couple of weeks later I added a thx887 and now background seems also...
  6. S

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

bought from monoprice about 1 month ago, 399 usd + 124 usd of dhl shipping to italy. I thought to have to pay also custom duty, but dhl did not asked me anything. Probably custom duty was included in the shipping handling.... no idea.. so 470 euros final cost for me .
  7. S

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Maybe this helps, at topping support address http://www.tpdz.net/support.html You can find drivers for nx4 and nx4dsd as different files. Be sure to pick the right one for your device
  8. S

Yeah, I understand you. Great little (only in dimensions) dac amp
  9. S

I have had two mojos, bought sold, rebought resold. I can`t appreciate it a lot. I had the hugo2, sold after the sabaj d5+thx887. I had in 2018 the ifi idsd BL , sold. Now I own the sabaj d5 and the nx4 and g7 as portable solutions (nx4 bought last week). Well I finally reached a status of...
  10. S

It seems to me the 887 has a slight more defined sound , I mean the hits are more precise so the sound begins and stops asap. The sabaj is great, maybe the difference is only in my mind. For sure the r70x on single ended suffers a bit on SE sabaj output that is not so powerful to drive the...
  11. S

I bought it from amazon italy, shipped with amazon prime and sold by sabaj. I contacted sabaj throught amazon and they confimerd it was 1.4, the firmware without volume issue. On website no firmware available. So I bought it on november 9, 2019. Very happy, I love it. I sold my hugo2 and bought...
  12. S

Aye, it was just a test to find how black was the background at maximum power, absolute 0. Sometimes I prefer gain 2 with volume under 9 o clock, sometime gain 1 with volume under 10-11. Measured decibel with a audio meter inside the cup of an headphone , abount never I pass 80db. I find gain 2...
  13. S

Hello, using flares gold on 887, gain 3 volume max (player on pause or golds will explode).... 0 sound. It seems an oled tv, perfect black. My father, old classical hifier noted.... the really dark background of this 887 with piano and opera , connected to d5. D5 alone and hugo2 are not so...
  14. S

I came from hugo2 that I sold for a sabaj D5 after having both for a week. To be sure to not missing anything I bought a monolith 887 , I live in Italy, really a bloodbath. I connected the dac to the amp with 2 mogami-neutrik xlr cables. I think that the bass sounds are a bit more controlled...
  15. S

Hello, maybe I ve lost something but is there the "headphone amplifier 50mv SNR" of the SE output of the D5? And while I understand a bit about it, can anyone explain me better how it works? Thank you
  16. S

Hello Veri , I matched sound with sound meter on smartphone with external mic so volume was about perfectly equal between hugo2 and d5. At least on main speakers. Tried on different days, tried on different tracks, hugo 2 (with white filter) is a bit more relaxed on the highest frequencies. But...
  17. S

Greetings, sorry for my english. I was first sad when over 1 year ago I read a bad review of my schiit dac. But it really was not so good as I sold quite fastly for others dacs , idsd BL, hugo2, mojo. Now I have come back here and I read a fantastic review of the D5. So I told to myself.... is...
Top Bottom