Search results

1. UCrazyKid

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

with $30k I would go shopping for some Børrensen Audio speakers.
  2. UCrazyKid

Let's talk CD Players!

Honestly I come from the camp that "bits are bits" and any of these past generation high quality CD players will make excellent transports as a modern DAC is going to apply jitter reduction and apply a new clock to the signal. With that in mind, I'd pick what looks good to your tastes and is in...
  3. UCrazyKid

Let's talk CD Players!

I have had a Musical Fidelity A3.2CD for over a decade. It serves me well. But it definitely benefited from being paired with a modern DAC. I have it now connected via coax to a Gustard X26 Pro DAC and it makes a terrific transport. While I have had no issues with my unit, I am encouraged to...
  4. UCrazyKid

Importance of having a remote or app with subwoofer?

I think you are better off buying a sound meter and using an app to do sound sweeps. Set it once correctly and forget it.
  5. UCrazyKid

Need a new AVR

Buy the best Anthem AVR you can afford with your budget.
  6. UCrazyKid

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Do you mean integrated amplifier, or power amplifier? I have never heard anyone ever describe Krell as warm sounding. Classé, yes but Krell, no.
  7. UCrazyKid

Which Amplifier have the best resale value ? please help me compare 2 nads.

Buy both and then tell us in 2 years how it turned out.
  8. UCrazyKid

Sorbothane for stand mounts

Sorbothane has pretty unique properties. You are not going to find the same results from a foam block like that.
  9. UCrazyKid

Harbeth Super HL5+

There is a video on YouTube I saw long ago that shows the Harbeths dropping below 2ohms for some low frequences. That is really hard on an amplifier that doesn’t have huge power reserves and a lot of current output. I think you have exactly found the issue. Here, I found the video: Harbeth...
  10. UCrazyKid

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

I have only ever seen the beta version posted.
  11. UCrazyKid

I’m a Mac user. I’ve used iTunes with BitPerfect App and I have used JRiver. I like JRiver for the additional options and shaving an iPhone App remote for it is a huge plus. I’ve now adjusted JRiver to use SoX for resembling and I have all 44.1 (and multiples) being upsampled to 705.6KHz and...
  12. UCrazyKid

Topping D90 XLR output: inverted polarity?

I would venture to guess that few people with the D90 are using the XLR and the RCA simultaneously, as the unit is very popular here. When using it in my 2.1 system, I simply ran my sub off of the RCA daisy chain connections provided by my power amplifier. So I did not run into this issue.
  13. UCrazyKid

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Super useful to know. Would you happen to know for the ESS9038pro or ESS in general?
  14. UCrazyKid

I really appreciate your answer but I must admit 90% of it is over my head. I guess I need to ask if the JRiver MC filters are any good by someone that can test it for me. Thanks!
  15. UCrazyKid

KEF R3 OR BOWER & WILKINS S706 s2 ???

I think you might do better asking at the AVS Forums.
  16. UCrazyKid

How do I know if my audio player filter has no ring? I’m using a Mac with JRiver. I can set the DSP to upsample all files to 768khz. Will this do it? Will there be better sound then doing my upsample in s/w and run the x26 pro in NOS?
  17. UCrazyKid

AMA about the Topping D90 (non-MQA version)

And what did you find? You know the name stamped on the outside of the case will let you know what chip is inside, right? Topping D90 and the D90 MQA use the AKM 4499eq The Topping D90 SE uses the ESS 9039pro
  18. UCrazyKid

Playing bit-perfect music on your Macintosh

JRiver is great, but does not support streaming like Apple Music does, so I use both. I am now using LosslessSwitcher to get bit perfect streaming with Apple Music (and it is free). A definite plus for JRiver Media Player is to get the “MO 4Media” app for your iPhone or iPad as it is a remote...
Top Bottom