Search results

1. W

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

No pre amps in any system. All systems are detailed in the links in my signature. The SHD has multiple inputs as does the Yamaha steamer .
  2. W

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

Nah, I had one and moved to a minidsp solution which is way better. Digital signal from streamer goes to minidsp SHD studio and digital out goes to Okto DAC8 pro, cheaper, much better(noise and distortion) and way more flexible. I also have a cheaper version on this for my living room system...
  3. W

Subwoofer Comparison

This is still missing some subs that are in databass and the sweatchaos table , rythmik F18 for example.
  4. W

Subwoofer Comparison

what is the source of that table? It has many fewer subs than the spreadsheet.
  5. W

Has anybody heard the new KEF KF92 sub? What are your opinions?

Was referring to this novel idea https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/xlr-to-rca-subwoofer-new-idea.51995/
  6. W

you should definitely buy a few. You're already convinced; no audio science necessary. Make sure to place them close and invert the phase on one to "balance" the unbalanced signal!
  7. W

Tower with good bass extension vs. stand-mount with a sub?

Using subs is usually better as it allows placement flexibility while avoiding SBIR but to get good results with subs proper bass management with high pass filtered mains and room correction are necessary. Also, btw the Kef subs are both poor value and poor performing, I recommend you look at...
  8. W

Is this as good as it gets?

A bigger pair Rythmik, PSA, or Arendal subs would be a minimal investment considering the resale of the current subs and the overall cost of the system.
  9. W

Take a look at this table that I extracted from Sweetchaos's spreadsheet. I filtered for small sealed subs (less than 2.4 cubic feet. Manufacturer (sorted by, first) Model (sorted by, second) Converted to USD 20 hz 25 hz 31.5 hz 40 hz 50 hz 63 hz 80 hz 100 hz 125 hz Weight (lb) H (in) W...
  10. W

The point is headroom at low frequencies. The bridged AHB2s are capable of producing 117dB at 1 meter peaks with the R11s 90dB sensitivity. The kef subs fall well short of this and I would argue that at low frequencies headroom is even more important. Plus I would recommend crossing over to...
  11. W

Your subs fall well short of the rest of your system. can you fit some bigger subs?
  12. W

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Nah, any differences between a sine wave sweep and a multitone or other signal would be fully characterized by the harmonic distortion and intermodulation distortion measurement. This has been a solved problem for about 100 years
  13. W

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

And just this alone will be good if you don't need xlr outs https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-plus-streamer-review.50254/
  14. W

Features like multiple inputs, volume control , remote , xlr outputs . All this can be had with state of the art performance for around $200. This one looks pretty good https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-d-6s-balanced-dac-review.48813/ Just add a cheap streamer...
  15. W

To sound as loud as 55dB in the midrange you need about 105dB at 20Hz and bear in mind that almost all music has a spectrum that is tilted down as frequency increases so you'll need even more sub bass headroom.
  16. W

Several of us have tried to help you to understand how subwoofers are measured and characterized objectively , taking variance in room out of the equation. With room variation factors controlled for, you can then model how the subs will perform in your room. The spreadsheet that sweetchaos...
  17. W

You quite honestly don't know what you are talking about.
  18. W

The other "measurements" you mention are uncontrolled and in a random room. The measurements in this spreadsheet are controlled and outdoors . I thought you were an engineer, you should know that you can't measure speakers with any degree of accuracy in a random room (without a kllippel).
Top Bottom