Search results

1. P

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

why so much deep bass missing from sennheiser? i have an older hd595 specd to 12hz but it plays nothing in the lows. a $20 koss does though.
  2. P

General design stupidity

heh i think its unlikely to have termites in your speaker, but humidity and temperature changes can quickly make the coil uncentered and rub.
  3. P

Great speakers, cheap drivers?

extension makes tweeters expensive. like the linkwitz orion needs to make it all the way to 1.4khz, thats low for a dome so its expensive. but the tweeter in lx521 is crossed over around 7khz.
  4. P

General design stupidity

this speaker from TotalDAC had me laughing. how can this driver ever last? https://www.totaldac.com/d150-speaker-eng.htm
  5. P

When using subs , does the size of the monitors even matter?

still a speaker with a 12-15" has a lot more midbass in practice in my experience. i see people calculate high volumes combined with a subwoofer all the time, and it does not sound like that at all to me.
  6. P

Prometheus Audio

they sure look good. i wonder why they said this though.
  7. P

Floor Speakers : Illumine HEFA nice measurements inside !

unfortunately a seas L16 wont work crossed over to a dome tweeter. yes they claim special custom version like they all do. but it still has a metal cone that really sings in the low end of the treble. you can make it somewhat flat thru a crossover, but the breakup distortion you cant escape. the...
  8. P

RIP Onkyo..

unfortunatly these kinds of measurements dont at all impact sales in this segment. format support, design and convenience matters.
  9. P

500.000 for a set of horn speakers?

they make more money by selling few overpriced speakers compared to many cheaper speakers. so they go for rich, people who dont have time to learn how it works. also hifi seems to be "out" nowdays, most people (atleast in europe) wants clean houses with few things in them and are more than...
  10. P

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

there is zero reason to fear damaging speakers. to little power blows speakers is a myth imo. explained: https://sound-au.com/tweeters.htm
  11. P

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

cant find info on xo. if its in the middle of the midbass then a puny 4" has to do to much.
  12. P

Trekkie or Star Wars ?

data has an inferiority complex =)
  13. P

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

nothing beats the real picard in TNG. a great show that i didnt appreciate as a kid because it wasnt cool enough or whatever. all modern shows have been shit, including the new movies. they are all for looks, cool effects and have lacklustre morals. may sell in short term but will never last...
  14. P

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

why does an AB amplifier need software and updates in the first place?
  15. P

A Call For Humor!

this isnt funny at all. its happening more and more every decade. but people are too stupid to see it, they watch the news.
  16. P

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

audiophonics claim to have incoming stock. might not be true though. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/smsl-a100-amplifier-class-d-infineon-ma12070-bluetooth-50-2x80w-4-ohm-p-15915.html
  17. P

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

to bad its discontinued. nice design and integrated powersupply.
  18. P

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

a properly designed dipole like the lx521 is not room dependant.
Top Bottom