Search results

1. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Sadly, they too don't ship to my country (Czech Republic, European Union) :(
  2. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Hm, I can't buy them from Drop.com. Doesn't ship to my country. Also I googled and didn't find any eshop that would sell Focal Elex :(
  3. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

I've tested your preset. I've come to find it somewhat more closed/veiled than the one from Oratory. When I switch back to his, it opens up, cleans up. I don't know words about sound...
  4. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Thanks a lot for so long a reply! I will go through the list. The songs you listed are in my cup of tea too :) Today I've been reading review about Massdrop x Focal Elex ($580 with the new user coupon). The thing with Drop is the warranty issues should anything go wrong with the cans. Buying...
  5. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Thanks a lot, I will try that out!
  6. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Thank you everyone for your help, I'll go through all your suggestions
  7. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Hello, it was a preset made by a guy called Oratory1990. Details here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr0t5bm0g9h167t/Sennheiser%20HD58X.pdf?dl=0
  8. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

That goes without saying! It's easier said than done though. There is a shop where you can test headphones but their models available are very limited. Of course, there's a 14 day refund policy in my country, so I could buy any of headphones, try them for say 10 days (not nearly enough to judge)...
  9. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Yes, I'm sorry, I didnt use the search button. Thanks!
  10. E

Moving on up from HD 58X

Hello everybody, I wanted to ask more experienced people (maybe someone who walked a similar way) about headphones upgrade. From the title, I currently own a HD 58X, powering them with Aune X7S + Topping D10, equalized by PeaceEQ using a preset. Now, talking aside this setup, generally I love...
  11. E

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Brno, The Czech Republic
  12. E

Buying my first magnetoplanar headphones

Hm, yes, I read that thread today too! Looks interesting
  13. E

That's what I'm beginning to think too. I'll check out LCD-1 more. They should be out 11/2019. Since it's December...Yet I'm a bit afraid of those 'mobile, 'on the go' features'. I despise that. I strongly feel bullshit coming from them. Can't help it.
  14. E

Ah, thanks a lot! I'll definetely check the website
  15. E

So, do you think I should go for the HE400i instead of HE4XX? If I can get them at the same price?
  16. E

Yes, i know that about planas. Also yes, I'm not planning to change D10, maybe never (maybe if I needed different inputs at some point). The thing that disturbs me about HE 4XX is the price. That's just so suspicious. There has to be a drawback for so low price. Also getting them could be a nice...
  17. E

Maybe I'll wait some more time for Verum 1 too. I heard something about new design coming out too? How would the HE 4XX be different from HD 58X? I've bought 58X 3 weeks ago and I'm in love with them. Actually my first pair of "better" headphones. I always thought it's a worthless luxury for me...
  18. E

Thank you for your reply solderdude. LCDs are out of my price availability I think. $500 is kinda ceiling price for me atm. I found Verum 1 headphone, custom homemade by a guy from Ukraine. Very interesting. Saw a review from Zeos on them (analyzes build quality etc). Anyone from here had...
  19. E

Hello everyone, I decided I'd like to buy my first pair of magnetoplanar headphones. I own HD 58X to this moment. I run Topping D10+Aune X7S. I listened to Dekoni Blue at my friend's place and I loved the sound. I'm looking into Hifiman Sundara the most. I watched quite a lot of reviews about...
  20. E

Choosing a DAC around $400 (paired with Aune X7S)

So I ordered D10 today from Aliexpress (Shenzhenaudio) for total of 73.99 dollars (shipping included), I used some of their promotion coupons or something. Very nice price I think :)
Top Bottom