Search results

1. arboleda

Remixing of multitrack titles for personal listening

In the last few days I've learned a lot about mixing output from multi-channel source material. I'm considering getting equipment to mic up vocals and instruments for my wife and kids. I would play the role of audio engineer by mixing the channels into a stereo output for live amplification...
  2. arboleda

Who else refreshes the reviews page 10 times per day?

I’ve gotten in the habit of checking the reviews page whenever I pick up my iPad.
  3. arboleda

New Jim/Curt speaker design

I’ve lightly followed these guys since my brother built some DIYs off one of their designs a few years ago. 6 months ago I almost pulled the trigger on the finalists and then realized the midwoofer was NLA. http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?44462-The-Travelers-New-Year-New-Design
  4. arboleda

Built-in RCA versus XLR-RCA converters

Suppose I am looking at two amps with similar guts, the only difference being that one has XLR input only and the other has XLR/RCA switchable. I would naturally use XLR <--> XLR as my preferred path. If at some point I were to feed the amp from a source that is RCA only, is there any...
  5. arboleda

Spending ratios on a hifi system

I'm thinking about dollar ratios. I have an untreated room in a new (to us) home that I intend to make a nest of musical joy. I can get into more specifics on the room but because I'm in the learning and planning phase, I find myself wanting to splurge on certain things to a degree that might...
  6. arboleda

Hello, this is an incredible site

Hi all. I think that in the last 3 days I've spent about 10 hours reading posts on this site. I'm preparing to spend some money I've saved on some DIY audio. I'm heavily leaning towards a Jim Holtz speaker design but still debating which. My brother built some AviaTrix speakers several years...
Top Bottom