Search results

1. ta240

Netflix subtitles

I did some more research and there were some claims that the distributor can turn them on or off. I'm not sure if that is true or not. And if it is true why Netflix doesn't make sure it is on. Someone posted the first 10 minutes of the Anna movie on Youtube and it has the subtitles in the...
  2. ta240

Netflix subtitles

I must be missing a setting in Netflix. When watching an English movie that has sections with a foreign language the only way I can get subtitles for those sections is to turn on the closed captioning ones. And then not only does it caption the sounds it just keeps going when they are speaking...
  3. ta240

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I often see people mocking companies for defending their trademarks in situations that they see as silly; due to no understanding of what you just stated. It can make big companies seem petty but the alternative isn't good either. The comments usually are something like: "Nobody is going to...
  4. ta240

Paid reviewers

That was my point, there is already an understood conflict of interest that is generally accepted, so does that make it okay going to the extreme? We joke about the youtube 'reviews' actually being more like infomercials but if someone is collecting a paycheck to do the video it really is an...
  5. ta240

Paid reviewers

I guess I wrote that line wrong. I'm not saying that disclosing is the problem, I'm saying that being paid is the problem. Most people at Axpona that are excited about a product just do a video saying they are excited about it. I'm curious how the conversation turned to "Hey, your product is...
  6. ta240

Paid reviewers

It was brought up in another thread about reviewers getting paid to do reviews and I'm curious how many people think that a reviewer can still be impartial when they are paid to do that specific 'review'. A video by a 'reviewer' with with a title that includes "speakers stole the show" about...
  7. ta240

Tech Reviewer: Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?

It is a tough area. Which comes first the bad review or the company suffering? It can happen either way. Is the product truly bad or are its faults just being over highlighted? How many people have thought their audio product was good and were happy with it until they saw the review of it...
  8. ta240

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Dang, he basically dug the horse up just so he could beat it some more.
  9. ta240

A Call For Humor!

10. ta240

A Call For Humor!

11. ta240

A Call For Humor!

12. ta240

A Call For Humor!

13. ta240

The worst thing is that it works. When I used to frequent threads on low power amps the bookshelf Klipsch speakers and Tektons like these were always recommended whenever anyone would ask for suggestions of efficient speakers. How many speakers with an actual efficiency of 87 or 88 lose...
  14. ta240

I stopped watching him. Too much of a Darko or Robinson vibe; a real high end salesman. It is also really hard to get past someone not only taking payment but then later announcing it as a negative against the company and not himself. Plus, if I remember correctly he was/is a huge supporter...
  15. ta240

From everything I saw it was only divulged after Eric made a fuss. At least if he had said it from the start the viewer could take that into consideration. The better reviewers will even say up front if they bought the item or if they have to send it back when they are done.
  16. ta240

It is my understanding from what I read at the time and find online now that Ron from New Record Day was paid to do a series of videos/reviews highlighting the new speaker for Tekton. When Eric saw the initial video he wasn't happy with the level of enthusiasm for the speaker. Then Ron did a...
  17. ta240

I know know he isn't popular here because he does subjective reviews but I always enjoy his work. I like his laid-back style and willingness to point out negatives about products.
  18. ta240

It is not fun arguing with people that are irrational. Your arguments are going into a world where things aren't as they are here. I once saw a comic talking about a guy screaming at him in traffic and the guy got out of his car and came up to his window and continued yelling. So (supposedly)...
  19. ta240

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Things like that remind me of Michael Fremer talking about being an expert witness in a court case. He was literally allowed to tell the jury what they were about to hear and shockingly they heard what they were expecting to hear and his side won.
Top Bottom