Search results

1. AdamS

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

He would also take preorder payments for some very expensive products, and sometimes the product never came to market, or took years. With ridiculous excuses along the way. I know he screwed suppliers like cabinet makers in South America out of huge somes of money, defaulting on credit I'm...
  2. AdamS

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

He screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money, allegedly .
  3. AdamS

Best Guitarists Evah!!!

Joe Pass Mark Knopfler Eric Johnson
  4. AdamS

Ascend CBM-170 SE Speaker Review

I agree that Ascend needs to update or revise their legacy speakers. I'm also surprised they haven't updated their website. I know he was talking about it being almost ready at least two years ago. I wonder what happened...
  5. AdamS

Ascend CBM-170 SE Speaker Review

The cbm-170's were one of the first 'real' speakers I bought about 12-13 years ago. I used them in a 2 channel set up for a little while and then in a home theater room for a few years. They were decent. The one thing they excelled at I thought was imaging and having a fairly large soundstage...
  6. AdamS

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Actually, just like Dream Theater, good until the vocals start.
  7. AdamS

Minimalist-Fi

Portable-Fi maybe, but I wouldn't necessarily call using headphones with mobile devices, and DAC/Amps as minimalist.
  8. AdamS

Which DIY speakers would you like to see reviewed?

I wish there were more cabinet makers around for DIY kits and custom builds. Not everyone has access to a woodshop or the skills and time necessary to build nice cabinets. I don't even think Parts Express sells their nice cabinets anymore.
  9. AdamS

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Yeah, I noticed that too. I doubt they sell any at double the price.
  10. AdamS

Neutral bookshelf speakers @ $2000?

I don't think the Sierra upgrade is worth it from a practical standpoint. I'd rather sell or give away my Sierra 1's than upgrade to the Sierra 2EX's and have a full set of drivers and crossovers go to waste.
  11. AdamS

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Yes, they were replaced with the new Legend series.
  12. AdamS

Those speakers are amazing for the money. They used to be $1500 and can compete with anything in that price range. I bought a pair a couple months ago, best audio deal I've ever had.
  13. AdamS

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

I wonder if this is a response to this thread. https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/guest-editorial-why-did-audio-stop-being-about-audio-r861/
  14. AdamS

No Longer an Audiophile...

And there's Brian May from Queen who is one of the best rock guitarist of all time, and he got his PhD in astrophysics later in life.
  15. AdamS

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

So are these audiophile Ethernet switches supposed to just improve sound streamed on the LAN, or from streaming services too?
  16. AdamS

Quick Review of the JBL Studio 530

The 530's have amazing imaging, I find it quite addicting. I'm assuming its because of the giant waveguide. I've heard people say the treble is harsh on them, but to me its pretty laid back and smooth. I will say though, the speakers are downright fugly.
  17. AdamS

How good are the JBL 104 speakers?

No comparison, the JBL's are more accurate, sound better, play louder and cleaner and have excellent imaging. I've owned the Klipsch and currently have the JBL's.
  18. AdamS

The JBL 1 Series 104 Compact Powered Desktop Reference Monitors are $71.10 at several retailers right now, including Amazon and jbl.com. I picked up a set for my desk at work.
  19. AdamS

Can we predict who might have good Black Friday Sales?

Crazy huh, they do you have great customer service though.
Top Bottom