Search results

1. Mikechw

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

Thanks Miska. For PCM, I have set DAC bits to 22 and have been using LNS15 at 1.4122/1.536M. I will try out setting DAC bits to 20 tonight.
  2. Mikechw

I received my Holo Audio Spring 3 Level 3, 2 weeks ago. I bought this because I use HQPlayer to upscale my music. I want to try out R2R implementation on PCM upscale. Spring3 only have NOS filtering. What is the recommended settings for HQPlayer for this DAC ? Comparing to my D90, I found D90...
  3. Mikechw

I pre-ordered Spring3 yesterday and need to wait for a month..
  4. Mikechw

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

I own both the A90 and SA-1. I liked SA-1 better and I mainly use SA-1 as a preamp. My source is a Topping D90 via XLR cables. I don't think SA-1 has a standby mode.. (OFF / PRE / HPA)
  5. Mikechw

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Sinad ranking's pic has A10spro instead of A30spro.. (wrong model number)
  6. Mikechw

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

To make a fully featured AVR, there are a lot of license fees to paid.. such as Dolby, HDMI, HDCP, etc..
  7. Mikechw

For XLR, I think the ground pin is just for shielding.. You should measure the voltage across Hot and Cold pin.
  8. Mikechw

You opened up the case ? I was tempted to try DC mode.. I think DC mode is safe as long as your DAC does not output DC. SA-1 is equipped with DC protection on the output, just don't know how fast it kicks in.
  9. Mikechw

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml Thesycon's XMOS usb driver version now 5.0 I think Topping has updated its Thesycon's to the same version as Thesycon's.
  10. Mikechw

I installed it and my D90 is still working with Roon and HQPlayer..
  11. Mikechw

When I am using A90, I thought Ananda was way better than HD650. With SA-1, HD650's sound is as good as Ananda. I think SA-1 works better with high impedance headphones.
  12. Mikechw

SA-1 now in place of my 2 channels system. I prefer SA-1. Pros: Compare with D90, sound is slightly warmer, clarity is around the same. Better quality volume knob. Cons: SA-1's volume is just loud enough on low gain. I am tempted to open it up and try direct coupling, just don't know if the...
  13. Mikechw

I suppose the purpose for using hdmi-i2s input is to use the better clock signal from it.
  14. Mikechw

Someone in Taiwan opened up the SA-1, removed the heat sink and post some pictures here: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.erji.net%2Fforum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D2212956%26extra%3Dpage%253D1
  15. Mikechw

Fiio M15 Review (Digital Audio Player)

I have dismissed the idea of getting a DAP for a long time. Hope that price/performance ratio for DAP could match desktop's headamp soon..
  16. Mikechw

Accuphase e470

I think the unit can reach quite high temperature. I couldn't keep my hands on the top of the unit when its hot. (There is around 8 cm on top of it to let out the heat.) I had it inside my wooden cupboard and the ventilation isn't as ideal.. I solved this by installing this AC Infinitiy fan on...
  17. Mikechw

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

To my experience, I used to connect my D90's balanced out to A90's balanced in.. Later I switched and use D90's SE out to A90's SE in.. and prefered it that way.. The volume is lower, but personally I think it sound better.
  18. Mikechw

Accuphase e470

The sound quality degrade vs temp is very subtle. I listen to music all day on weekends,. I noticed I want to stop after awhile because I am getting fatque. Until i have a fan over the unit, I dont get tired of listening. Now I use my E-480 as an AV amp only. I have separated my 2 channels...
  19. Mikechw

Testing the effect of using Hi-Z with Hifiman Ananda... The effect is quite noticeable.. Sound stage becomes dull and massive bass roll-off..
Top Bottom