Search results

1. A

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I am a NAD M32 user for three years. Blue sound good and bad. >MASTERS series DAC is on par with my Topping D70B using Tidal and internet radio. >Ethernet, optical, USB/laptop and rca/Tascam transport functions perform well. >Best in class build quality. Blue OS works well on PC, Apple or...
  2. A

MQA, DSP and "sound quality"

48 hours into Tidal service though my M32 I bought one month ago. It replaced my Conrad Johnson tube separates. MQA of recordings I have listened to for over 40 years is quite exceptional. First amplifier change in 13 years for my Klipsch Belles has been a successful life change. All analog...
  3. A

Naim Uniti Atom vs NAD M10

I agree room correction enabled is not the best baseline to start from.
  4. A

NAD M33 vs Devialet Expert

I find it odd NAD eliminated the digital outputs that my M32 has. I have not created my LP archiving system of my rare LPs before 1965 downstream of the M32 but have that functionality with the M32. Additionally I can use one of my outboard phono preamps into line 1 for comparison to the M32...
  5. A

NAD M32 Graphs & Specs

I just bought the M32 amp with Blu OS 2i card for high resolution streaming. I will have it up and running tomorrow. I have not bought a new amp for my main system in 13 years. After years of tubes and Class A/B with only one Tripath digital amp in my investigations, it seemed to try a newer...
  6. A

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

I know in the early to mid 90s it took all weekend to configure a SCSI scanner with OCR for my wife to archive educator and Girl Scout hard copies that were TYPED. Oddly I liked DOS better than Windows 3.1.
  7. A

UPDATE....Being such an old fart from the complexities of my days working in DOS and Assembler I get crazy and forget how easy BT can be. My Google Anroid phone found the D70 easily with no pairing function needed by the D70. I am listening to the New York public radio WQXR station app for...
  8. A

I am curious as well. I use my D70 ion DAC only mode.
  9. A

Audio Research 100.2 Power Amplifier Review

I had a hybrid ARC SP14 preamp for a few years. It was OK but the phono section was not a real as my Conrad Johnson PV12B. A quiet preamp but not inspiring to own forever.
  10. A

Mytek Liberty DAC & Headphone Amp Review

I have read allot from Bob Stuart over the past 25 years. Years ago I thought MLP was a good concept that had logic. MQA as a Mechanical Engineer of course (LOL) I never understood the logic behind it. Being a somewhat old guy and in some cases buying 2 LP versions, maybe a cassette version and...
  11. A

The D70 arrive on Friday. I probably played 30 CDs over the weekend. It is a bit odd to get to the menu by plugging on the power cord but it probably prevents unintentional changes. I will only use this as a DAC in my primarily living room system. Living room system Klipsch Belles with upgraded...
  12. A

My wifes purchase of the D70 (LOL I am very Blessed) should arrive by tomorrow to replace my Channel Islands DAC that developed a power supply problem. Very cool to hear the Topping implementation of the AK 4497 having only owned Burr Brown based DACs in the past.
  13. A

DAC Implementation/sonic differences between the Marantz HD-DAC1 and the Marantz NA6006 streamer

I am a USA engineer as well. France and Spain made me laugh. I have experienced the same. Although it is hard to get a german to respond during summer holiday and Octoberfest. LOL
  14. A

Any opinions on the performance of the Hidizs AP 80 DAP?

Thanks for the recommendation. Greatly appreciated. Rick
  15. A

I agree DAPs most likely test poorly except maybe Astell & Kern higher end of their product line. Spending that much money on portable music equipment is not my priority. When I buy a new piece of equipment I tend to run it in its original form for some time. In another 50 hours I will do the...
  16. A

First post. I am on old USA mid west guy at 59 who was a sound engineer in the analog world. I currently keep active in both the digital and analog world. At my farm I use Klipsch Belles and custom built KT88 tube power amp with Conrad Johnson PV12B tube preamp for playing vinyl on a VPI Classic...
Top Bottom