Search results

1. JustPoo

How to Turn an LG V20 into a dedicated DAP (and general owners' discussion)

I got a BTR5 in the end and it drives them balanced well, has about double the power of the ES100 I think. Considering how much I've put through them with desktop stuff I wasn't sure it'd be enough but they really open up. Daft for an IEM but there you go. If you want to approach the P1 in...
  2. JustPoo

Radsone Earstudio ES100 Bluetooth DAC & Amp Review

I was waiting for the Qudelix too but I'd waited long enough to get an amp/DAC for the P1's as it was. When the BTR5 popped up on Amazon a couple of days ago I couldn't help myself. A bird in the hand and all that. I'll be watching out for the Qudelix though, it's shaping up nicely. Being able...
  3. JustPoo

You can yes, but it's limited. There's five EQ presets in the app and on the DAC - rock, pop etc, but only one custom EQ setting. So I've tuned it for the P1 and it's great, but switching headphones would be a pain as you can't save your preset and swap it out for another custom profile. So it...
  4. JustPoo

Great success! Got the BTR5 today, it pushes the P1's with room to spare. It doesn't have all the app options of the ES100 which is a bit of a bummer for the tweaker in me, but it has enough. And it's tiny. So that's that, I'm free to roam with the P1's at last. Wooh!
  5. JustPoo

How to Turn an LG V20 into a dedicated DAP (and general owners' discussion)

If I were to use the impedance adaptor trick to put it in high impedance mode, does anyone know the max millwatts I could expect to be able to get out of it with a 20ohm load (Tin P1s)?
  6. JustPoo

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

It has to be the FiiO BTR5 for me, if it can really output ~250mw into my P1s then it might be the portable DAC/amp I've been after. It's a sixth of the weight of what I've been considering, the Xduoo XD-05 or Plus model, a ninth of the size (volume), and that's without the Bluetooth module...
  7. JustPoo

Can you get everyone to like classical music?

I read that about 3% of the population has musical anhedonia, so they don't appreciate music at all. In those cases I'd say it's unlikely classical will change their brains!. I've only ever come across one person who has that condition, Ms Poo's boss. She doesn't dislike music either, it just...
  8. JustPoo

Disagreement

There was an experiment called "Germany Talks", which has now been expanded throughout the EU, you may have heard of it. I believe they've expanded under the umbrella name "My Country Talks", or maybe even "The World Talks" by now. People filled out an online questionnaire on their political...
  9. JustPoo

High-end electronics vs high-end audio

That's something I've never experienced myself, although I've never heard The Soul Cages or Amused to Death. But I'll certainly give it go, I'd like to see how effective it is. I think I may have to reposition my speakers into a more standard setup because of my space restrictions, but I might...
  10. JustPoo

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I may even go two channel + subs when this AVR is kaput. Judging by that noise I don't give it long. It's a good idea though and I might start looking at 2nd hand anyway. I've thought about upgrading the system but I'm restricted for now, it's a smallish (UK!) spare room. I don't even need...
  11. JustPoo

I'd like to see some AVR's. Really soon. The urgency has nothing to do with mine making a noise distinctly like death throes this evening.
  12. JustPoo

Today I Found Out? I must admit part of the reason I watch is to see how many words he mangles. You could have a pretty good drinking game on your hands if it includes non-English words too :D
  13. JustPoo

I'm not even a car guy and that hurts to see!. I don't care how realistic AV gets, if it involves Riker and a trombone I'm out!. Wealth and more conventional ideas of status are still a factor - every time I see someone gratuitously list their expensive gear, even to the point they stick it in...
  14. JustPoo

Yup, Wombat, high-end audio is a category so far removed from other branches of electronics and technology I still can't get my head around it. I've confused the hell out of my friends and family with binaural recordings too, tks. "But it's just one on each ear, how is coming from behind...
  15. JustPoo

Now you're talking my language. I've long said that binaural recording is criminally underused. It's the closest I've ever come to suspending my disbelief. When I couple that with my VR setup and it gets it just right, I get a glimpse of what's possible. In fact I think the improvements will...
  16. JustPoo

What I'm getting is that audio electronics has essentially been solved, well past the capabilities of human hearing. The price of transparency has now come down to the point where most people can afford it. So we're in a subjective wild west where improvements are imaginary/personal and the only...
  17. JustPoo

I'm gonna have a bit of an off the cuff ramble here, so bear with me. It's cheaper than a therapist. If I want to buy a bleeding edge TV/display, I'll pay the early adopter tax and shell out maybe five times what I would for a great TV/display. I'm using five as an arbitrary multiplier but you...
  18. JustPoo

I'm always seeing all manner of audio stuff on Chinese sites but have never taken a punt because there's just no information available. Members of my family in Hong Kong are into hi-fi but it's more money than I'd ever spend. I'd still be interested to see exactly how Chinese higher end...
  19. JustPoo

I'd like to see more portable DAC/amps and amps, I'm a headphone user primarily and use Android for my home setup, so it'd be nice to see some more portable add-on options. And maybe some standalone DAPs. The price of the most expensive models has reached maximum stupidity levels. Well, never...
  20. JustPoo

Sharing a balanced (XLR) DAC between speakers/amp and headphones/headamp using XLR switch box?

Did you import? I got this one, the first one I linked to I think - Nobsound 1-IN-3-OUT XLR Audio Switch ; Balanced Audio Converter ; (MC103 Pro 3-OUT) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R5XG9CF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_m4y8Db25HQF5J Heh. Nob. Early Xmas pressie from someone, although I did have to...
Top Bottom