Search results

1. M

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Have you tried flicking the grounding switch at the back?
  2. M

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Yes so it will be a non-uniform absorption/diffusion - this is OK ?
  3. M

But a thick carpet will absorb/diffuse other frequencies too, not just 2kHz ?
  4. M

How would carpet help 2kHz dip? can anyone help me to understand the mechanism
  5. M

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Yes I already looked but just checking with the existing owners that i am correct No firwmare updates in 3+ years despite having the USB-C port ? (a good thing!)
  6. M

Hello? Anyone can confirm? lol
  7. M

Keith_W DSP system

correct there is already a thread and lots of discussion over the years Very good video in the opening post to watch - amir noted it was a good watch also...
  8. M

Keith_W DSP system

maybe compression test like Erin does i started a thread about it long ago, and it is not conclusive how to quantify dynamics but maybe compression is one part as mentioned before, it is not that
  9. M

Keith_W DSP system

i dont think this true i ask similar years ago here and this was said to be false interpretation seems this needs to be clarified first
  10. M

Despite having USB-C port for firmware updates - am I correct that there has never been a firmware update for L50? If so, that's a good thing
  11. M

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

The Harman 2019 curve is based on 711 rig Which fails to show issue at around 400Hz that is picked up on 5128 So yes it nails Harman curve but has this small fault that should be EQ'ed
  12. M

Schiit Midguard just died and the blue smoke escaped

Isn't volume irrelevant to the smoke appearing? Isn't the recommendation to plug and unplug when amp is off ?
  13. M

Cute new schiit speaker amps

So for 15 ohm IEMs like TruthEar Nova, at 50mV output V = 50/1000 R = 15 P = 0.0001666667 Looking at the graph, THD+N will be fine with IEMs? Hard to tell from graph a value for THD+N And whether will hear hiss at 50mV
  14. M

Nova does need EQ around 425Hz. it is known issue of 711 that doesn't show, that gets picked up in 5128 measurements.
  15. M

Cute new schiit speaker amps

what is the output impedance of this little cutey? Under 1ohm? Can drive headphone?
  16. M

What am I missing - up-sampling and DSD conversion?

What are the 2 DACs exactly ?
  17. M

No in the review of that DAC he says he used Roon to upsample.
  18. M

Amir himself showed a quick small example where software upsampling improved DAC output. He made a typo here writing 92kHz - I believe he upsampled to 96kHz or 192kHz Poor filter past Nyquist:
  19. M

One tool is a high pass filter. Get someone to turn it on and off for you, with you blind. If you listen to acoustic jazz you might struggle. If you listen to deadmau5, you will score 10/10 with the right part of the right tracks :-)
Top Bottom