Search results

1. D

Realtek audio on motherboards.

Why not just use hdmi from your computer and have 7.1 digital channels? How old is your receiver? Anything made in the last 15 years or so is likely doing an analog to digital conversion on the 7.1 inputs. Staying digital between the computer and receiver would eliminate the extra ADC /DAC.
  2. D

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

Same here. Make sure it’s right the first time even if that means it takes longer.
  3. D

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Pre-amp outputs are always live as you experienced.
  4. D

He is just an AV reseller.
  5. D

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

I can't speak to every single one made - only mine. But I've seen others report the issue as well. And outside this usb disconnect issue the board works well.
  6. D

Happens to me any time my computer goes to sleep. Try switching the USB port you plug into. I've found it makes a difference. Problem is with the tone board. I have several other DACs and none of them have this issue on any computer regardless of usb port used.
  7. D

For #1 this is a bug that will be fixed in a future firmware update. Set the power on volume to Last for now.
  8. D

Help me understand AVR preout voltage & matching external power amp

The output voltage is variable. It may be able to do 4V but only when you have the volume level very high. If your amplifiers do not need 4V for max output then you will never turn the volume up that high. Don't overthink this.
  9. D

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Do you need to do the special power on procedure each time you turn on the AVR or only one time?
  10. D

JBL 705P / 708P

The 7 series are noticable better with hiss than the 3 series or the Kali monitors.
  11. D

Review and Measurements of IOM NCore Pro PWR Amp

With the NC252MP it is exactly a matter of sticking a module in a box and you are done. The Nord NC500 based amplifiers are not like the amplifiers built with NC252MP. No alternative power supply, no custom input buffer, etc. You literally bolt the module into a case and connect your power...
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Where in the measurements would this show up?
  13. D

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

No this does not fully explain why these AVPs are measuring so poorly compared to $99 desktop DAC.
  14. D

In tests performed here a lot of that signal manipulation just isn't happening. In fact analog in->analog out is tested (no digital). You'd think the basic digital to analog conversion and output would measure a bit better in a product proclaiming superior sound quality. And what's going on...
  15. D

I did the same years ago and had to switch back (well the avr/avp piece). The streaming era has hit and jriver has no support for it unfortunately (Netflix, Amazon, Tidal, etc).
  16. D

Anyone else have the problem that the board disappears from Windows when the computer sleeps and wakes up? I have to unplug / plug the USB to the tone board for Windows to see it again. This happens with both the UAC compliant drivers and the Xmos drivers from Khadas.
  17. D

Recommendation for best DAC/Amp combo under $200

https://www.khadas.com/product-page/tone-board Add to cart then checkout.
  18. D

Charles Sprinkle's Kali Audio LP-6

Of course I plugged something into them. Like I said I was listening to them play music as I was writing. There's no difference in audible hiss from having an input connected or not. Reason I stated with nothing plugged in is I didn't want anyone to think my source was the cause of the...
  19. D

Charles Sprinkle's Kali Audio LP-6

Just picked up a pair of the LP-6 today and I'm listening right now. To answer your question YES. I'd say every bit as bad as the lsr305 - maybe even worse. The speakers themselves sound great. But with the residual noise with no input plugged in and the input adjust set to 0db on the back...
Top Bottom