Search results

1. paddycrow

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

My newest family member Yogi, presently 9 months old. He came to me as a foster with a vascular ring anomaly called PRAA (persistent right aortic arch). This is a serious health problem that limits a puppy's ability to eat solid food. We weren't sure he was going to survive his third month. He...
  2. paddycrow

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

LOL, the headless panther is all you need to know!
  3. paddycrow

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

Personally, I think listening to CDs on a CD player is a PITA. I use them once to rip, then it's archival storage for them.
  4. paddycrow

AXPONA 2022-Anyone attending?-Exhibitor list now up

Did anyone audition the Perlisten speakers? Any thoughts?
  5. paddycrow

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

Hermon Scott retired in 1972, the brand was purchased by Emerson Electronics in 1985.
  6. paddycrow

Living room system feedback request

My preference is remote control via WiFi (running app on tablet). IR can be hit or miss.
  7. paddycrow

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

Everyone needs a speaker that costs more than their car (and some houses)!
  8. paddycrow

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

The logic behind hating a consumer product because of its name escapes me.
  9. paddycrow

I believe you are correct. Looks like they've only been around since 2004.
  10. paddycrow

Veneer over existing speaker cabinet

If you're going to resurface a cabinet, why would you opt for vinyl over natural wood veneer?
  11. paddycrow

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Genesis lost me not long after Peter Gabriel left.
  12. paddycrow

Best speaker cable specs

If it's like beer, it's whatever I have at present!
  13. paddycrow

Are MP3 files the weakest link in my audio system?

Having heard a few MP3s that were probably encoded poorly, I've stuck with WAV and FLAC rips for my library.
  14. paddycrow

Any SPECTROGRAM experts? have a question/wondering if my idea is possible

There is a learning curve with MATLAB, but it is very useful. As I recall, it's also not cheap, so my former employer didn't allow everyone to have it on their laptop.
  15. paddycrow

Snake Oil Department, Top This

As I said in another thread, D'Agostino gear is ridiculously expensive audiophool stuff. However, it is also impeccably machined and beautiful (IMO) to look at. I just can't comprehend dumping that kind of cash into audio equipment. I suppose if you can drive a $10M+ Ferrari, why not?
  16. paddycrow

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Cat Woman!
  17. paddycrow

They are ridiculously overpriced audiophool products, but I have to say Dan D'Agostino amps are extremely well made and functionally beautiful.
Top Bottom