Search results

1. J

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Ah, that could be it! But it also makes it seem like a worse value compared to the A70.
  2. J

I agree. It seems to be all about whether you need those specific features. I also wonder why they did not upgrade to the fancy display that the D70 Pro Sabre has. Is the IIS input a big thing to implement from an engineering perspective and/or does it preclude being able to add the...
  3. J

Well, I'll correct my own post and say that I missed the IIS connection on the D90.
  4. J

I'm struggling to see what the "upgrade" is for this vs. the D70 Pro. MQA on the D90 if you need it; but the D70 has the new graphical screen which the D90 does not. $200 difference. D70 Pro: https://www.tpdz.net/products D90III: https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/1141825.html
  5. J

Thanks. I have been looking exactly for this! I would add that Topping introduces new products so quickly that their retailers often have old models still listed along with the new versions. which makes the model lines confusing. I have found the Topping website to be the best place to see...
  6. J

Harman acquires Roon

I meant to specify a wireless connection. I was not clear about that. I feel like I have made a number of ranting posts which may have taken this thread off track. I apologize for that. What I will summarize with is that I wish there were a major streaming software - be it Roon, BluOs, or...
  7. J

Harman acquires Roon

I want something with Roon (or BluOS) built in, but I don't want to have it packaged with a DAC or Integrated component. That's the problem. Maybe it's the only way for the companies licensing Roon certification to make it worth their while. What if Roon made their own streaming-only...
  8. J

Harman acquires Roon

I want something that is not a pi. Just a plug-and-play device. I bet the majority of consumers don't even know what raspberry pi is.
  9. J

Harman acquires Roon

Yes. But you need the signal receiver and software in the Roon endpoint device.
  10. J

Harman acquires Roon

Can one of these streaming systems just make a simple device that can be connected to other components? BluOS you need to buy a whole DAC or integrated amp from NAD or BluSound. Roon you need hardware that has the Roon capability built in (if it stays around, given the sale to Samsung). Sonos...
  11. J

A30Pro + E30 II or L70 + E50

Thank you for this explanation. I somehow missed that on the L70, the XLR connection is balanced, while the 6.35mm and 3.5mm connections are single-ended. It seems like the 58X is capable of being used in either balanced or single-ended mode. To use in balanced more, I would need a balanced...
  12. J

A30Pro + E30 II or L70 + E50

Newbie question: If you are using a balanced output on a headphone amp, is it the cable that needs to be balanced, or is something in the headphones, too? In my case, I have the Sennheiser 58x headphones. If I were to use them with the Topping L70 in balanced mode, is it just as simple as...
  13. J

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

The DAC portion of the Nodes tend to do poorly in the measurements done here - there is no getting around that. That is the downside. Since you already have some Nodes, if you like BluOS and find it useful, it is hard to beat it for convenience. As Jimbob54 says, the degree to which you...
  14. J

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Great. Thanks - I just wanted to sense check that I understand this properly. And I just found this on the Topping website, which shows this scenario.
  15. J

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Would there be any issues using the A30Pro in pass-through mode, with output going into a separate amplifier that is used to power passive speakers? e.g.: DAC (E70 used as pre-amp) --->balanced XLR--->A30Pro (pass-through mode; amp turned off) --->balanced TRS ---> power amp (PA3) ---> passive...
  16. J

Welcome to the New Review Index!

I noticed the Topping E70 and the Topping L70 are missing from the review database search, although they appear when doing a general forum search. Is this is an oversight, or is there some reason they have been removed?
  17. J

Topping Model Line Decoder?

I'm interested in figuring out the Topping lineup in general, but specifically what I wanted is the D30Pro / A30Pro stack. The DX5 was my second choice - and now with the firmware fix for the ISS hump (I know, it doesn't matter in real life :D), I will likely get that. But I was really...
  18. J

Fair enough. That works with the testing database here... not on their website. Also, not every Topping product has been tested here.
  19. J

Signal degradation in stack compared to integrated DAC/AMP? e.g.: Topping DX5 vs. E50/L50

Can you elaborate on this? Are you using one DAC per channel in a two-channel setup? Good to know the DAC portion performs well when bypassing the amp portion.
  20. J

Does anyone know how Topping model lines are organized? They have a ton of seemingly overlapping products, but maybe there is something I am just not familiar with. Looking at their website (https://www.tpdz.net/products), it seems the current product lines / designations are: 1/10, 3/30...
Top Bottom