Search results

1. D

Headphone Amplifier and Low Power Amplifier Dummy Loads

Hello All, Now that it has quit raining we have come back here to the sunny north coast of Jefferson where I keep most of my test equipment. I have been playing with the idea of test loads for lower power amplifiers including headphone amplifiers. While working with power amplifier test loads...
  2. D

Using The Topping A30 PRO as a Reference Amplifier to test Headphones

Hello All, On the bench I have an APx555 and GRAS 45CA-9 headphone test fixture. Also sitting here is a Topping A30 Pro headphone amplifier. The goal is to select cords and plugs to extend the amplifier outputs across the room or across the hall away from the noise of the APx555 cooling fan on...
  3. D

Benchmark ABH2. This is the new test equipment on the bench.

Hello All, I have been eyeing this Benchmark ABH2 power amplifier for several months. This last week I went over the edge. The big brown truck delivered it yesterday. The APx1701 test amplifier is not going away just sliding over to make room. The AHB2 is cooled without a fan which is a huge...
  4. D

Ditch the monitor speaker reflex port for a 2.1 system with a sub-woofer

Hello All, We all have seen an increasing list of speaker reviews here on ASR. Most of these speakers are of the size that you can tuck under one arm and carry about the house and place on your desk or work bench. Most if not all of these speakers are of the bass-reflex description. Because of...
  5. D

Headphones, Headphone Amplifiers, Tools and Methods

Hello All, Just for fun and learning this past Wednesday a shiny AP / GRAS 45CA and 12AA power supply appeared on my doorstep. The effort is to sort a basic set measurements for headphones, headphone amplifiers equalizers, transfer functions and perhaps some software psychoacoustic...
  6. D

Too much scrutiny for power amplifiers?

Hello, I have been looking at the ASR reviews of powered monitor speakers a thought came to mind that the monitor power amplifiers were getting a pass in terms of testing and review. Some of the powered monitors have digital input with their own DAC’s. The powered monitor DAC’s also get a...
  7. D

3 Crown ComTech 210 amplifiers and a Question?

Hello All, Still Under House Arrest here. I bought, count them, 3 Crown ComTech 210 amplifiers with the idea of using them for bi-amp / Tri-amp application. I tested all three of them on the APx555 with the SINAD for the 6 channels in the range of 90 and above except for one. This performance...
  8. D

How you hook things up for testing?

Hello amirm and All, Sitting on my bench I have an APx555 and an APx1701. I have been building and testing Home Brew tube stuff JFET circuits and speakers. Recently I purchased a Geshelli DAC and headphone amp and came across your website. I want to get up to speed using the tests that you...
Top Bottom