Search results

1. T

Does silver used in interconnects "sound" different than copper?

I seriously doubt that the high end audio cable market was sufficient to design manufacturing of silver cables. Teflon dielectric is required for mil specs where high heat resistance is required. Copper reacts with teflon, though. Silver doesn't. Therefore silver coated copper or pure silver...
  2. T

Amir's Music Server Build Thread

Why not just use a laptop? I was looking at an Asus on sale at Costco for $499, which allows you to reverse the display so that you could set the motherboard side flat on your stand and have the touch screen display standing up for use.
  3. T

Has Amir or anyone measured the audio output of a Macbook Pro?

iPad pro measurements would be interesting as well.
  4. T

Best speakers on the market(regardless of type) for up to $10K?

Look in your classified ads for the best Martin Logan speakers within your budget. People tend to take good care of them and since they are tall they tend to go cheap. They actually take up very little floor space but again are tall, and the bigger ones don't need a subwoofer. Just make sure...
  5. T

Please recommend powered speakers for desktop/nearfield use

Vintage ads l300, with a compact amp such as an ice power 50 asx2 and something for volume control. That's what I am going to set up.
  6. T

Massdrop Airist R2R DAC Review

Let's keep some perspective. In the analog days, -70db would be a good figure for turntable rumble, and way better than channel separation.
  7. T

Sold

Can the Tone Board and the DigiOne Sig. Be connected to the same RPi at the same time?
  8. T

SOLD FS: Khadas Tone Board with 3D Printed Case

I PM'd an offer. Do we have a deal? Tom
Top Bottom