Search results

1. Z

Anthem MRX 1140 fan noise

I've partially solved the problem replacing the fans, as suggested here https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-anthem-receivers-mrx-540-740-1140.2320729/page-102#post-30516886
  2. Z

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

I have been noticing this problem since the beginning of my Journey with Anthem, see here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/anthem-mrx-1140-fan-noise.34258/ ;) They are not going to solve anything via firmware updates, because the problem are the fans. I've partially...
  3. Z

Suggestions for Dolby Atmos speakers?

Thank you for your suggestions!
  4. Z

Suggestions for Dolby Atmos speakers?

I would like to expand my HT setup from the current 5.2 to a 5.2.2 or 5.2.4. My speakers are the Kef R series. My room is about 4m x 4m and has a sloping ceiling. The first option are the overhead speakers. This will require a lot of work to the wall and the ceiling to get the cables to the...
  5. Z

Sold! [FS] [EU] Benchmark Media Dac3 HGC

Benchmark DAC3 HGC for sale. One of the most highly rated DACs out there and has a great built-in headphone amp. Also functions as a pre-amp (has 2 analog inputs which do not go through digital conversion process) and has an HT-bypass function. Purchased in December 2020. In perfect condition...
  6. Z

Could you please check if also yours is starting after 10 mins from power on? And then power it off, and on again?
  7. Z

I could move mine in the bottom shelf of my cabinet, but I would need an IR repeater. I really cannot understand how is it possible that they designed the ventilation this way. The fan is small, therefore noisy, and the software is not smart enough to run it only when needed!
  8. Z

Hello! Does anyone noticed that the fan in the MRX 1140 is noisy? Is not a turbo jet engine, but you can definitely hear it during a film. I've also noticed that the fan doesn't seems to be thermal driven, or at least not always. What I mean is that when you turn on the MRX, the fan starts after...
  9. Z

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Ah, I've forgot that I still need the subwoofers for movies! My idea to sell to my wife the possibility to replace the R7s and the subwoofers with new very nice speakers is definitely gone :(
  10. Z

In the Anthem I've a stereo scenario (2.2) (i.e Anthem + ARC room correction -> pre out to -> Benchmark AHB2 -> R7s, Anthem -> subwoofers). Playing Apple Music via Airplay2. Do you think that I can get better results playing music directly via Airplay2 to the LS60s, using the internal DSP and...
  11. Z

I'm wondering if I can replace my current Kef R7s + 2 Kube12 with these new LS60s, in my 5.2 with an Anthem MRX1140. It looks like the only way to integrate them is through the RCA inputs, right? The MRX has an optical out, but I think is a downmix to stereo, not only a L+R. Would it make sense...
  12. Z

DIY Audio switch for home automation

Yes, HASS integration is what I'm looking for. I've different options: 1. ESP-01S + relay board 2. use the GPIO of the raspberry Pi that I'm using as streamer to control a relay board, using the HA integration for remote raspberry PI 3. use the GPIO of the raspberry Pi that I'm using as...
  13. Z

@dualazmak @somebodyelse thank you for your feedback. I could use something like that https://www.amazon.it/Electronics-Salon-segnale-modulo-version-Arduino/dp/B00SKG6OM4/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=TAKAMISAWA+RY5W-K&qid=1619781356&s=industrial&sr=1-3-catcorr which are using...
  14. Z

I'm my current setup I'm using a manual switch to select what to route to the subwoofers, either the AVR's subwoofer outs or the RCA out from the DAC (see attached schema). When I want to switch between the AVR configuration and the stereo-roon configuration a need to select the correct source...
  15. Z

Sony Acoustic Surface+ TV speaker Center Mode

I don't remember :( Probably that one was showing the results limiting Audissey to 200Hz. I can't double check as I 've deleted the old measurements. I've originally posted the two graphs to compare the performance of the R2c vs the Sony's acoustic surface. @k3ejjgo7jpl yes, the center is in...
  16. Z

Direct, Pure Direct & Stereo with Audyssey by-pass

This is my current understanding of the different settings: | Source | Mode | Front LR set | Signal | Front LR output | Sub output (Bass LFE) | Sub output (Bass LFE + Mains) |...
  17. Z

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

@bcurtin are you sure about CamillaDSP working with Spotify? I've tested it switching between filters, and it does nothing. Are you using a different pipeline or the quick_convolution_filter one?
  18. Z

Review Questions for Flagship Processors: Trinnov, Storm, JBL, Lyngdorf, Datasat

Am I the only one who presses the refresh button several times a day hoping that Trinnov's review will finally appear? ;)
  19. Z

Bowers & Wilkins P7 Parametric EQ settings

Does anyone have the parametric EQ settings for the P7?
  20. Z

Hardware volume via USB

They suggested me to either "If you want to control volume in the player, the DAC would be in HT mode so that no digital volume of the dac would be used.", or "If you want to control in the dac, HT should be off, the player’s volume should be in the full output mode, usually considered to be...
Top Bottom