Search results

1. W

NAD M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier Review

ATI's AT527NC 200W x 7 is $800 cheaper, measures marginally better and comes with 4 yrs of additional warranty. Apart from better looking, I am not sure how is M28 better than ATI???
  2. W

Living Room LCR upgrade - KEF R vs JBL HDI

Unfortunately not much can be done when it comes to relocation or changing the room. Thanks!
  3. W

Living Room LCR upgrade - KEF R vs JBL HDI

I am cross-posting this from AVS Forum to get a different perspective. I am thinking of upgrading speakers in my living room this summer. I currently have KEF Q900 as L/R and Paradigm Millenia 20 as CC mounted on wall. Room is a large living room and an acoustical nightmare with hard floors...
  4. W

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

If reflections are not good than is it safe to conclude that if the room is an acoustic nightmare with lot of hard reflecting surfaces than its better to get speakers with narrow dispersion window and point them to MLP?
  5. W

JBL HDI-1600 Speaker Review

I am not very good at reading all these graphs and measurements. How dose this compare to R3 in simple terms? I am looking at upgrading my LCR come this summer. Kef R and JBL HDI are on my shortlist. Thanks!
  6. W

Looking for advice on a 3 channel Hypex Ncore Amplifier - ATI vs Nord/Apollon

This is a picture of my 3 channel Nord NC500 that I received couple of weeks ago for the reference.
  7. W

Thanks for your input. I think I am going to try out Nord. Looked at apollon but they don't offer any 3 Channel Amp. Any opinions on NC500 vs NC502MP?
  8. W

Looking for advice on a 3 channel Hypex Ncore amplifier - ATI vs Nord/Apollon I currently have a ATI AT528NC amplifier which powers my surrounds and atmos speakers. I am looking for another amp for my LCR (Procella P8). I have decided to stay with a Class D amp specifically Hypex ncore based...
  9. W

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Questions for M500 owners- 1. Can it output both HP and Line out at the same time? 2. Are line outs fixed/variable/both?
  10. W

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

How does the amplifier section of DX7 Pro compare to the one in D7S? Output numbers listed on website are significantly different.
  11. W

Please recommend me a USB DAC (and related questions)

RME ADI-2 seems to be very well reviewed. Ignoring the simplicity of a combo unit, do you think RME ADI-2 will be better than THX AAA 789 + Topping D70 combo? I am hoping I wont have to upgrade again short of them dying on me.
  12. W

I already have Massdrop THX AAA 789 on order which AFAIK doesn't have a preamp function only RCA pass through. Hence I am looking for DAC with dual output. Thanks. I'll check it out.
  13. W

Intermittent crackling noise with USB audio

Windows 10 Applications - Chrome, VLC, MPC Audio - MediaMonkey
  14. W

What is an 'audio stack'? Do you mean I need to update USB audio drivers?
  15. W

First 12 seconds is the audio with disturbance. Than I turned the DAC off and On. Normal audio starts from time 0:22.
  16. W

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7nh84uphx3467c/Audio recording 2019-10-20 21-57-05.wav?dl=0 Sorry, I wasn't able to open your zip file on work computer. Here is the recording I made by placing my phone close to headphones.
  17. W

I have been a long time lurker on his forum and but now posting for the first time. I currently have a Teac UD301 USB DAC/Headphone which powers my headphones and also feeds a pair of powered bookshelf speakers. I have a Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp on order and now looking for a separate DAC to...
  18. W

I have a Teac UD301 USB DAC/Headphone Amp connected to my desktop. It feeds a pair of powered bookshelf speakers and my headphones. For the longest time I have been having issues with random crackling noise which comes mostly after I resume music or video after a pause and goes away if I reboot...
Top Bottom