Search results

1. D

HD600 vs Momentum 1.0

Hi this is a simple review from my recent upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 to HD600. I write this because I couldn’t find any post for these 2 headphones so I'll write one who knows there'll be people like me considering an upgrade from Momentum 1.0. Before I made this upgrade I'm...
  2. D

Is HD800S worth it over HD600 with 4.5x price difference?

From your case I think you should just return the HD800s. Just follow your heart! Or ears to be exact. ;)
  3. D

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I have the same setup line out from this to powered speakers but I never had this problem tho, maybe you can try shorter RCA cables. If the buzz still occurs then you probably having grounding issues I believe.
  4. D

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Mind to share your speaker system? I'm looking for speaker+sub..
  5. D

Thanks for all the replies everybody here, appreciated a lot! :) I think I'll just go with the HD600/Sundara, an upgrade from my current Sennheiser Momentum v.1 (2013). Maybe anyone here have the momentum v.1 and HD600/Sundara? I'm really curious how their sound's difference... Will it be a...
  6. D

private room. I currently have a closedback headphones and curious about openback which in many reviews seems suit me. I prefer not EQ, but I still will if EQ really makes audible difference. This is so true lol. I did consider planar but I read quite some posts and articles that planar...
  7. D

Should I just get the HD600 or save for a few more months and get the HD800S? Is the 4.5x price difference really worth the sound quality difference?
  8. D

WAV(PCM) vs FLAC

FLAC is 24 bits/96 kHz (72% of original [showed in foobar2000]) CD ripped is 16 bits/44.1 kHz (100% of original [showed in foobar2000]) FLAC file was downloaded online. CD ripped was ripped from the original CD I own. Yes. This is what I am wondering... Not 100% Original but larger files...
  9. D

WAV(PCM) vs FLAC

CD ripped Format: WAV(PCM) Bit rate: 1411 kbps Size: 47 MB FLAC Format: FLAC Bit rate: 3342 kbps Size: 112 MB I googled for this and I found out that PCM files are 100% original uncompressed but why is a compressed lossless FLAC have bigger size file and bit rate... From the comparison above...
  10. D

Bookshelf to studio monitor upgrade?

Is it worth to upgrade bookshelf Edifier S1000DB to Yamaha HS8 + HS8S? For daily use music movie gaming, critical listening, neutral sound. Some people suggest 3 way speaker like Kali in8 but I read some people said the accuracy isn't really good... Anyone using studio monitor as daily...
  11. D

Is my system considered “Hi-Fi”?

Yes. Okay will look this up! Yes this is what I'm considering. Yes, headphones and speakers first. Thanks for your advice! Yes I always feel it is missing something... I actually did consider about this, but some say just get the biggest so can reach a louder output. Noted. Never but I...
  12. D

Is my system considered “Hi-Fi”?

My audio system: PC -> USB out -> Fiio K5 Pro -> (1) RCA out -> Edifier S1000db (2) Amp out -> Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 (2013) I’m thinking of upgrade: 1. DAC/AMP to Topping D90SE & A90 stack 2. Headphones to HD600 / HD800s / Hifiman HE6SE / Hifiman Arya 3. Speakers to Yamaha HS8 + HS8s...
  13. D

Do subwoofer take away the low frequency from main speakers?

Okay! :) Thanks a lot guys, you guys replied so fast and so informative, I have been stressing about this thing for a while understanding the manual and can't find answers from google, in just an hour now I understand about Low Cut=High Pass, High Cut=Low Pass and how they work! Have a nice day! :)
  14. D

wow this is very interesting... This way the sound must be weird...right?
  15. D

Maybe this is a stupid question but just out of curiosity what will happen if the High pass at 120hz and the Low pass at 80hz, where will the 81-119hz gone? Maybe it'll just sound weird? I think set them the same is the best bet like @digitalfrost said. If the result is weird sound then I don't...
  16. D

Okay now I understand how the High Pass(Low Cut) filter works thanks to you guys. But how about the Low Pass(High Cut) filter, is there any simple way to explain. I try to understand from the manual but still don't get it... Slow learner here. Let's say I set the Low Cut (High Pass) filter max...
  17. D

Do YAMAHA HS8 pairs actually need a subwoofer(HS8S)? HS8 already have 8 inches driver for low frequency, if add a HS8S, how will the low frequency works? Are all low frequency directed from the main speakers to the subwoofer? That's mean the main speakers only utilize the 1 inch tweeter for mid...
  18. D

Recommendation request thread

Thanks for your recommendation sir, i will look it up
  19. D

Recommendation request thread

Budget: USD 2,000 Form factor: Over-ear, Open-back Use case: Critical Listening Anything else you feel might be relevant: I'm currently using Sennheiser Momentum v.1 (2013). I've been browsing for a while to find a headphone that suit me best but there are too many choices, please help. I'm...
  20. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

When do i know if i need a preamp like the pre90?
Top Bottom