Search results

1. P

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

saw this today AV8805A 13.2Ch 8K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier with HEOS Built-in $4,999.00 LEARN MORE
  2. P

The USB Troll

"There is one in existence." Is the 'one' on its way to Amir?
  3. P

Any good affordable all-in-one streamer/amp ?

mika91 check out Cocktail Audio (novatron) MANY models to choose from...maybe there's one in your price range
  4. P

Qobuz

Does anyone know where Qobuz..7digital..prostudiomasters et al..get their sources? Are they merely taking the digital signal from a CD and 'upping' it to 24/96 or 24/192 etc? just curious as to where these HiRes files are sourced
  5. P

Bose 901 Series V Speaker Review!

I first met Dr (amir) Bose in 1968 at his factory in Framingham, MA...I purchased a series I pair of 901s...They were great for some music...rock, broadway, choral...not so much for opera and chamber music BUT they throw a HUGE image when properly set up and , yes, needed ALOT of power...I...
  6. P

Signal processing for old recordings

Sashoir...Check out TRACERTEK.com...I've been using their products for many, many years..(tried lots of others...none as good)...AMAZING amount of ease removing clicks, pops, scratches, hiss, low frequency noise..etc...Can be somewhat confusing but once you get the hang of it...very easy and the...
  7. P

Dynamic range - dumb question.

compression removes all "the life" from a recording imo..That's one of the reasons live music (esp classical/opera) is so thrilling...I have opera reels from the fifties pre-compression FM broadcasts...The wave forms are huge with peaks & valleys...look at a waveform from Sirius...looks like...
  8. P

Is there an AV Processor which can act as an Pre-Amp for high quality stereo music experience?

Oh...don't forget the OUTLAW 976.2 and the Cocktail Audio X50D...and the Cocktail Audio X45PRO...and the....see? You've created a monster!!!
  9. P

Is there an AV Processor which can act as an Pre-Amp for high quality stereo music experience?

AUDIOCONTROL X7 & X9.....worth a look...if you're not TOO busy Amirm!!!
  10. P

ESI U24XL or NUC with SPDIF Input as MiniDSP SHD Alternative

Poorly..at least for me....not enough knowledge to build it myself and don't know any 20 year olds that can do it for me ALL suggestions welcomed
  11. P

The founding of ASR

Mr. M... with all gratitude...... CENT'ANNI....it's probably gonna take that long before I see a review of COCKTAIL AUDIO X50D...X45PRO....AUDIOCONTROL X9 (or X7)...Oh and don't forget to get into TVs Very Important and then there's always room treatments....In other words..thanks for ALL the...
  12. P

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

AUDIOCONTROL X9 or X7...last chance to find a decent surround sound processor..always listen to music in stereo with minimal interference I can muster BUT movies in surround sound add to the fun.....Please Mr. M....X9 or X7 (or OUTLAW 976) purchase coming soon but YOU have spoiled me and my...
  13. P

MQA Sounds Really Good!

"As for me I will continue to fight against the juggernaut of backwards progress in home music reproduction." SAL1950 Post Add my name to that list Sal...and...just curious...any of you ever hear LIVE music....i.e. no microphones--speakers---cables---mixing boards...Still possible...Carnegie...
  14. P

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

Mr M....you're NUTS!!...I wish you lotsa luck..Speakers? WOW in my experience that opens up A whole lotta problems...speakers (and I've owned many over the years) are not listened to in an anechoic chamber...I think you know the rest....I am worried about your well-being...your site is VERY...
  15. P

THANK YOU murraycamp for reply and link...it is appreciated....Paul (and gives MORE research to do!)
  16. P

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp is PERFECT EXCEPT for those (*#^%$^&# specs...which is why I love/admire this site....it has all the analogue and digital hookups I'm looking for but those measurements...YUCK!!! and by the way SHD? some kinda code??!!?? PAUL
  17. P

Measuring the device you'd like @WolfX-700 to do?

Without trying to be too repetitive (or annoying) COCKTAIL AUDIO....PLEASE...the X45PRO has everything a boy could want AND the beloved SABRE 9038 chips....check it out...please...and maybe you can get Dr John @ cranium audio to lend you one for testing....specs are great and I WANT ONE FOR...
  18. P

DDF...just found your post....I am in the SAME dilemma////need a card (external) with ANALOGUE RCA inputs for TEAC reel & Nakamichi Cassette deck and a coaxial spdif for DATs,,,I mentioned in previous post HUGE collection of reels & cassettes & DATs to transfer...have ESI JULI@ but will no...
Top Bottom