Search results

1. L

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

good to know. also that the influence is small enough to impair THD.
  2. L

did you implement the reference schematic ? cause here is already decouple capacitors integrated !? so with assumption of the OPA1612 is sourced by +/- 7.5 V rails: - max. output OPA ~ 6.9V (-600mV drop) - max. allowed input in 9822, 4.75V - Resistor between OPA - 9822 = 36 Ohm -> (6.9V -...
  3. L

thx this worked
  4. L

do you have a source? I could not find it - only with request for NDA: https://ismosys.com/audio-chips/audiophile-adcs/es9822pro/
  5. L

burned tank !? - didn't hear about that I don't know the input stage of the ADC, but assume that common GND is referenced against circuit GND ( = shield). The virtual GND of the D_Amp is 50% of Vmax. So if you connect signals via a capacitor its basically a short between those both GND till...
  6. L

just to confirm - are the charge / discharge currents for those caps save for the ADC front end?
  7. L

But as you can see - has much more actual information - you just need to translate it to transfer function :)
  8. L

I put the ADC on a laptop in battery mode. so you have true floating ground. Ofc. the DAC with source signal needs to be on other computer - or connected via optical. Other option would be to use a DC - DC coupled USB adapter with floating ground.
  9. L

alright - why not tan ? actually - since THD is basically non linearity I could also imagine to do a static calibration of the transfer function. but guess it not really effective.
  10. L

thx so you are using a SIN generator as reference? these parameters are stored in the ADC chip itself? or corrected in LUT outside of the ADC? sorry for my curiosity - if its too much just ignore me ;) just working with simpler ADC myself and always surprised with this raw performance
  11. L

E1DA Cosmos ADC

oje you killing me. now i think again :\ ;) what is the difference between Bundle1 / Bundle2 / Bundle3 ? Only the calibration? What about the other circuit boards shown in the pictures of the ali store page? edit: found the corresponding threads. B would be enough i guess.
  12. L

E1DA Cosmos ADC

I mean - @mansr got it obviously for free !? ;) unfortunately with tax and transport it goes up here to 250€. unfortunately this is just too much for a couple of measurements. guess need to end up using a notch filter and a not so perfect adc.
  13. L

E1DA Cosmos ADC

are those settings within permanent and sustain power cycle? does this access have influence on the presented usb audio device?
  14. L

can you elaborate us how/what you calibrate? how long term stable is this high level calibration? still good after one year on shelf? temperature dependence? can we do that calibration afterwards ourself? which equipment? considering import tax and stuff I would really like to be able to do...
  15. L

E1DA Cosmos ADC

What you needed to do to get one to try out ? I want too ;)
  16. L

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Its not only the vaccine, but also time to understand the mechanics of complications and to be able to better deal with the symptoms. I stumbled on some sources (didnt kept the links unfortunately) indicating that the final failure is an escalating immune response within the fine blood capillary...
  17. L

A warning. There is a new web article going aroud that is a crock of schmidt.

That actually reminds me on the human eye. 180 dB range (@ 3mW !!) - and video is still 8bit at 3 different colors .... However - we still can differentiate between playback (audio and video) from the real world. So even if we perfectionate 2 channel stereo or flat video with perfect black...
  18. L

A warning. There is a new web article going aroud that is a crock of schmidt.

That was interesting !!!! And than depressing :eek: And than I go converted: objectively my ears are BS - so subjectively I can hear better. So I am going to drop objective and enjoy a subjectively high resolution expensive audio gear o_O:cool:
  19. L

Does the amplifier voltage swing limits headphone dynamics?

Thanks for taking the time to follow up, even though you made it quite complicate and difficult to read trough ;) So let's synchronize: 1) You don't deny electrical damping. Your point is, that especially for headphones, this effect is neglect-able or at least very small. I completely...
  20. L

Does the amplifier voltage swing limits headphone dynamics?

I guess we have the same basic understanding just about different boundary conditions. However: If you have a electrical signal with THD and you apply this to an resistive load, you get current which also has this THD. If this current is feed to a coil (and inductance neglected) you get...
Top Bottom