Search results

1. jjk

Advice on AVR - how would you spend your money?

Outstanding Steven Wilson reference!
  2. jjk

SOLD: RYTHMIK FM8 SUBWOOFER (DUAL DRIVER/BLACK OAK FINISH) PRICE REDUCED x 2

SOLD SOLD SOLD I am offering for sale a Rythmik FM8 subwoofer. $625 plus $75 shipping. $550 plus $50 shipping This is a dual driver sub. Purchased in 2020; I am the original owner. The current list price for this sub is $985. Excellent condition; 9+/10. No pets, no smoking. Includes a...
  3. jjk

FOR SALE: Pair of Genelec 8010A PRICE REDUCED!

I have reduced the price on these speakers. Thanks for taking a look.
  4. jjk

FOR SALE: Pair of Genelec 8010A PRICE REDUCED!

SOLD I am offering for sale a pair of Genelec 8010A speakers. Excellent condition, 9/10. Fully operational, no issues. They are approximately one year old and I am the original owner. Amir has reviewed these speakers, 19 Oct 2020. Original price, $700/pair. Sorry, I do not have the original...
  5. jjk

Best Guitarists Evah!!!

Gotta agree about Guthrie Govan. The work he did and the solos he invented while working with Steven Wilson were brilliant. There is a video of Wilson recalling that he had to tell GG to play slower. Thumbs up to @ahofer for this nomination.
  6. jjk

Single Revel M106 For Sale

Purely WAF. Which was fine with me. All else being equal, I would go with a 105, due its measurements. Play it loud!
  7. jjk

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

That is a good idea, thanks. I tried MSO several years ago and found it interesting, but too cumbersome. I will take another look. Thanks.
  8. jjk

You da man. Thanks.
  9. jjk

Thanks peng. Two of the subs are not exactly equidistant, but close. I have the three subs positioned where they each provide approximately the best response in the room (with WAF taken in to consideration as well). I have only skimmed the Audyssey chapter in the manual. Does the Editor App...
  10. jjk

I very recently installed the X6700H in my system. I have three subwoofers. Are there any suggestions on how to best configure the Denon for home theater ops with three subs? Currently I drive the subs through a minidsp 4x10 Hd; they are eq'd correctly by measuring with REW. And so I have...
  11. jjk

SOLD!!!: Pair of Black Revel F208 Speakers for sale

I am offering for sale a pair of Revel F208 Speakers. Current retail price for a pair is $5500. Your price: $3600. Excellent condition, 9/10. I am the original owner; purchased 2015. No smoking household. I am selling because I need to fit my gear into a smaller space. Local pickup (San...
  12. jjk

Single Revel M106 For Sale

I am offering for sale a single black Revel M106. Excellent condition, 9/10. I was using it as a center speaker in a 5.3 configuration but I now have a C205. $700, free shipping to CONUS only. Photos on request via PM. Paypal only. Thanks for taking a look. SOLD
  13. jjk

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

No, I didn't but I thought about it! I contacted Pavel at Audiopraise. He says there is no standard for channel alignment on AES. And that they are working on a software change this weekend.
  14. jjk

True. But that would still require an extra step which makes it problematic for domestic home theater operation.
  15. jjk

Has anyone experimented with Vanity Pro in a Home Theater configuration? I seem to be getting an "anomaly". It appears to me the VP reverses channels 3 and 4. Normally 3 is the center and 4 is the sub. The VP sends 3 to the sub and 4 to the center. For Home Theater duty I run everything...
  16. jjk

da, I am considering it. ;) For right now my chain is: Sources > HD Fury Vertex 2 > Vanity Pro > Okto 8 Dac Pro (AES/USB) for DSP/BM through JRiver. Sources: Directv Genie, ATV4k, Oppo. Outputs: Dac8 Pro and Panasonic plasma (soon to be LG G2!) I switch modes to USB on the Okto to listen to...
  17. jjk

All understood. I will go back in to the basement for a while!
  18. jjk

Thanks Kal. So was Okto #1 in AES mode and Okto #2 in USB mode? Any hints on how to name the devices differently? And, I didn't think that the Thesycon driver could support two devices. Does the Exa have its own driver? That may be the key sticking point. Thank you again.
Top Bottom