Search results

1. D

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

I always though these old jbls that looks like a box with randomly choosen dimensions and drivers put wherever they fit seemed like odd designs. Recreating them after all the research harman done now just seems silly.
  2. D

Towelgate: AV123 GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review (Video)

There is no way changing an electrolytic for a poly cap of the same value will fix this problem
  3. D

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

Oops... I should have looked it up on the website. I guess they are one step up from that kind of scam at least
  4. D

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

24 8inch woofers per side should be more than 480cm..
  5. D

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

I wonder how much if any of the extra power is from having all of the psu capacity available to one channel? Could the stereo module deliver the same with one channel driven or even on both channels with a beefier psu? Can we tell from the measurement where the bottleneck is?
  6. D

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

I dont know much about car audio but 299 for 5 channels with 50w seems like good value even if sinad isnt great? I guess we will know when more car amps are measured
  7. D

Towelgate: AV123 GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review (Video)

Its amazing to me how he has so high thoughts about himself when often proven wrong. If he would own his mistakes and try to correct them he would appear so much more likeable and i think it would probably help his business as well.
  8. D

My experience with DIY and it's many frustrations that are not talked about.

For me its more about learning and trying different things. I absolutely hope i can do something truly great some day but until then i think of it as much as an ongoing experiment. Of course the best thing is when everything works perfectly but if i fail at least thats a result that i can learn...
  9. D

XSA Labs Vanguard Speaker Review

I guess you are right, its not a big difference but the directivity is a problem to me. If i made a crossover according to the older woofer and trough some miracle the other one ended up in amirs klippel it would not look as nice on the fancy color graph. I am not really defending anyone here, i...
  10. D

I am not totally sure whats going on yet but this is how i understand it now: The blue is the new one, both have some kind of resonance at ≈1,3khz but the new one is stronger and is slightly less sensitive afterwards. It is not a big difference but this also affects off axis, the older one is...
  11. D

I am not that skeptical about the driver variation. I recently had to buy a new sb acoustics midwoofer and it measured considerably different from my years old one of the same type. I am going to test a few things to make sure its not just me that f-ed something up but it seems like a driver...
  12. D

The designer have commented on the review at diyaudio. Seems like he trusts his own measurements over amirs, not sure why. Or does he mean there is something wrong with the DUT? Not sure. I read alot of his posts of what he done as diy projects and thought it seemed good but obviously this is...
  13. D

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

It got rack ears, great sinad and a low price. That doesnt match my expectations so i have to buy a more expensive behringer that will give a nice hiss in the tweeters. Can i have some loud fans to? Of course it doesnt drive your subs but this goes right to my short list for driving mids/highs...
  14. D

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

The slow loading pictures almost makes me nostalgic :) didnt pictures always load from top to bottom back in the day?
  15. D

Neutrik NA2F-D0B-TX XLR to RCA Adapter Review

I think this review gets alot of unwarranted critique. If you are one of the people that thought it was obvious from the specs that this rolls off at 80hz (when its distortion rated at 50?) and have horrible distortion at almost any level i guess you didnt need it. Good for you. Thats the case...
  16. D

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Looks good. now im kind of curious what could be done if we kept the corner mids on a bit higher while crossing in the horn mid as well. Looks like we are loosing directivity 500-1000. Im sure they thought of this allready but i kind of want to know how it would look.
  17. D

The wait is over: Genelec 8381A point source main monitor has arrived

I think this graphs show more clearly a bit of widening directivity 600-1000hz. Dont know how much of a problem it is but it looks less than perfect
  18. D

We have a midrange in the troath that could overlap with the other midranges?
  19. D

Not exactly cardioid since the wall itself also shapes the directivity forward but you could have extra drivers with out of phase delay and attenuation to the side of the main drivers but still on the front baffle to shape directivity?
  20. D

I will never be able to buy these but i look forward to the presentation. Maybe the danley hyperion is in the same category in some ways but besides that it looks very unique.
Top Bottom