Search results

1. AudioTodd

Suggestions for Hafler DH220 service?

Can you provide contact info? PM if that’s more acceptable under the rules of our beloved forum!
  2. AudioTodd

Suggestions for Hafler DH220 service?

Hey, do any of you guys know of a good place to get a Hafler DH220 restored - to as close to original circuits as possible - with modern components as needed? I have lots of newer amps, but would like to use my 40 year old Hafler now and again for nostalgic purposes (and to remind me that many...
  3. AudioTodd

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

I don't think the AHB2 lacks the power and current for the LRS, but maybe somebody that can measure what the speaker needs or calculate it from impedance plots can correct me. I do know an AHB2 will drive my 1.7is louder than I really care to listen with the only distress being caused in my...
  4. AudioTodd

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

While I have no experience with the Parasound, I have five AHB2s and can say they drive my .7s and 1.7s without a shred of a complaint.
  5. AudioTodd

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

While I’m sure some will sneer at this question, is there significant phase shift at high frequencies to be expected with the sharp filter?
  6. AudioTodd

Sony Tapecorder 101 Review (Vintage Reel to Reel)

You should have given it a SINAD of 107.498 at 6 Vrms and everyone would have got the joke right off! I enjoyed it though!
  7. AudioTodd

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

DH-220 claimed less than 0.02% THD which is better than this Carver by far from a measurement perspective. As you state, some of the Japanese units were at much better levels than that. All, though, are better than this Carver. I currently use, among other amps, Benchmark AHB2s in both stereo...
  8. AudioTodd

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

Not even close. Look at Hafler products and tons of Japanese units.
  9. AudioTodd

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Thanks for the response. What I'm curious about is how it does that. I've looked at lots of schematics, but do not always get the way all of the parts work together at the same time. It would appear to me, though, that - taking the "positive" side of the pull-pull output right now - when the...
  10. AudioTodd

Could one of you knowledgable people explain what is so special about this bias arrangement? I'm no expert at all so I do not get the reason for the diodes and looking into "DC Restoration" circuits makes me thing they are inserted backwards.
  11. AudioTodd

No truth here except possibly the irrelevant Audi comments, but my memory isn't good enough to remember the details of that incident What number was I???
  12. AudioTodd

If anyone with even my rudimentary knowledge of tube circuits looks at the schematic and is aware of the output transformer choice, they will have zero question that these measurements are correct and that the manufacturer's claim are bogus to put it kindly. Add to that the preposterous claims...
  13. AudioTodd

Thanks - main issue was that I did not know all of the names and had missed several days, meaning ???? posts or pages of posts. When I checked in I would see someone talk about what someone had posted without referencing the post number or the name of the poster. A list of the user names of the...
  14. AudioTodd

This thread has become so large it is hard to track down some of the posts. If anyone has been able to follow the whole thing and knows or can quickly find and share the number of the posts of the dealer(s?), Bob Carver or the supposed manufacturer such information would be much appreciated. I...
  15. AudioTodd

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

The way things have been going lately, you may have to accidentally allow another panther to make a head-severing leap so they can take some of the load off this poor overworked headless guy!!!
  16. AudioTodd

Is it possible this was originally created JUST to be a CarverFest project but was later hijacked to be a "production" unit? What was the name when it was presented as a CarverFest project? Since the weights are identical and the insides, other than two capacitors, look the same, it does not...
  17. AudioTodd

I can't and was not trying to, but was pointing out that Amir's listening impressions would not add information. If somebody likes the way this thing sounds and is OK paying for it, that's their business. I have all sorts of amps (too many) that I enjoy, so I'm not going to judge anyone's taste...
  18. AudioTodd

Or, in fitting with the marketing reliability, "nanotainer..."
Top Bottom