Search results

1. Y

Is lossy outdated in 2019 & onwards?

So the british company integral who came out with the first 512GB is not worthy?. Lossy has hard limits there no guarantee the 320 to 512kb/s settings will crush a killer sample. There a few threads on HA that show that and why they pick lossless in that case. So what?, What that gotta do...
  2. Y

I've noticed they get unreasonably hostile when ever lossy isn't transparent on set of samples. Not the best place since they assume 100% lossless on a DAP is audiophile woo and assume that there aren't any artifacts in the bass/mids region. Like who cares about Lame or others when 400 and...
  3. Y

Most powerful, yet detailed sounding headphones you have heard.

I agree with the fit so many would give their opinions on the ER4S, What's funny they never tell if they got a proper fit or just mock the company kinda. Just like how people bash Grado stuff for being poorly measured without even giving them a chance. The superiority complex and people thinking...
  4. Y

There always custom fits they can be fine if there etymotic approved ones.
  5. Y

The dude who invented the ER4 was perplexed that that head fi was asking for a +2BA version and ignoring him saying why that wouldn't work, as if they knew better. Like what head fi/Reddit users do when they pretend to know what there saying. Loudspeakers need to be 2 to 3 way because of physics...
  6. Y

The ER4SR has better imaging than HD600/SRH1540 which gives the impression its wide. I actually noticed that the jump from my ER4 to the SRH1540 wasn't that big, i have no why reviewers don't do tests to find the best fit before filming. But bass its equal the 12db on the shures is too much and...
  7. Y

It's like the 3rd picture but from a different place despite same name. Yup can very useful for speaker only music.
  8. Y

I have jb isone pro that lets you tweak to what sounds right. Made 2 test profiles it made stuff sound really 3D without sounding fake.
  9. Y

Could 8-bit be enough for carrying all the information in a given piece of music?

No go try making 8-bit copies of anything Industrial & metal sounds bad, 512kb/s wavpack hybrid with DNS sounds way better. This pretty much a very basic lossy compression since AAC aim to be fully transparent at 192kb/s by using advanced perceptual models.
  10. Y

There the ER4XR if wan't warmth but yeah the ER4 is really good can even come close to some TOTL by 95%. I had the SR for a year its sounds 3D/Wide but not forced mainly depends on the music. But DSP that use HRTF work well with the ER4 which is why might get ER4B.
  11. Y

What i love is how BA's put dynamics to shame on clarity/detail. Because every ER4SR review was how it buried the HD600/650 on that aspect. The IEM market is pretty weak nothing but them hyping 2 to 12 BA's while ignoring the limitations on that, cohesion is very poor on them which is why there...
  12. Y

How can bogus claims and inferior audio thrive in a competitive market?

Nothing worse than someone how buys high end assuming it must be good. Then lashes out when mesures bad or that its only <5% than any good gear for £300. But then again the are people who are happy with high end grados and sound good despite them measuring badly. Like i know a redditor who...
  13. Y

The ER4SR has everything inside the IEM shell, It's pretty much a better ER4S that's easier to drive. There also the ER4B that used a high pass filter/capacitors to give that +5db treble boost. I think Etymotic said if they did a ER4BR it would have everything in the cable and use the same one...
  14. Y

The ER4 doesn't sound like a £300 headphone, every mid tier IEM/Full size i had the ER4SR & ER4PT out did them on detail. Shame so many see "Single BA" then assume they must be bad and it doesn't help when reviewers like Crin fuel the myth that IEM's need multi drivers to sound good.
  15. Y

My PC's CPU fan is more noisy than my hard drives. lol
  16. Y

A warning. There is a new web article going aroud that is a crock of schmidt.

Not to mention lossy hates ambient noise, artificial sounds and more than can make it give up at 320kb/s. I used to be a HA member i know them downplaying when a sample at 128kb/s vbr would shoot up to 275kb/s?. Or them going it's lossy so what it?, if called out with DBT tests showing its a...
  17. Y

24Bit is a scam dithered 16/44 is fine for all music, noise shaped 8 ~ 12bit at 32KHz will be better than Vinyl. I was shocked at how good that 8bit demo was. Heck even 256 ~ 512kb/s wavpack hybrid with dynamic noise shaping is 98% transparent. That's maybe 2.5 - 6 bit audio with a very weak...
  18. Y

Since I've got my 512GB card it feels fun to have 100% quality despite AAC - 192k being enough for 99% of my stuff but i really don't care about lossy anymore. Nice that i don't have to worry about 0.9% that can break lossy codecs.
  19. Y

Because there knowledge of audio is so poor. They have this idea that it in case they can hear a difference or because of there good set up but are too stupid to back those claims with. DBT tests to see if they can walk away with 144 ~ 192kb/s or that there hearing is weak like 15KHz.
  20. Y

Put's Lame V0 to shame from my experience on Ambient/electronic music, So a kbps avg of 80 ~ 180 vs 180 ~ 320. No idea why audiophiles use 320k Lame when AAC & other newer codecs beat at <192kb/s. The support issues is moot with android for the modern ones and AAC is as supported as mp3 nowadays.
Top Bottom