Search results

1. T

Amir's TODO thread

I confirm this problem with my unit as well. 45% volume on the NX4 is not too bad as I'm still setting the volume in software to about 75% or higher. Resampling everything to 32-bit, 768 KHz sounds a bit worse than native rate, although I don't really know what the best settings would be for...
  2. T

Amir's TODO thread

Then I will be waiting for you to get through your backlog, or for someone else to send you the Topping NX4 DSD first. Send me a message when either happens. My name is easy to remember because I was very creative.
  3. T

Amir's TODO thread

Alright, I'll wait for when you are nearing the end of your backlog. Not sure how much demand there is for the Topping NX4 DSD, but if it measures well, it seems like a good alternative to Topping DX7s for the following reasons: 1) Same DAC chip (just one instead of two) and supports same...
  4. T

Amir's TODO thread

Suppose someone (me) sent you a Topping Nx4 DSD for review a week or two from now. Given your backlog, how long would you expect the measurements to take?
  5. T

Amir's TODO thread

My votes go to: Schiit Magni 3 Topping D50 Topping NX4 DSD (with the ES9038QM chip) ifi iDSD Micro Black Label O2 Amplifier
  6. T

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Was just too lazy to think of anything more original. Now if only there were some headphone amplifiers reviewed, I would know what to get to compliment whichever Topping I keep.
  7. T

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

I might end up selling or trading mine if I end up satisfied with the Topping NX4 DSD that is coming to me soon. Since they share the same DAC chip and I don't have a balanced setup anyway, I suspect the measurements will be close enough that it's not worth the extra $230.
  8. T

Topping DX7 DAC & Headphone Amplifier Review and Measurements

At this point I'm not sure whether Amir is upshilling Topping by downshilling Schiit or if SBAF/Head-Fi is trying to censor the truth because I don't know enough about audio science to know whether the measurements are accurate or really mean anything and I can't trust anyone to be unbiased in...
Top Bottom