Search results

1. Phrangko

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I have three BT devices. I don't use any. Not sadly though. Streaming it is.
  2. Phrangko

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Well well it appears Amir's minions are up in arms for the puck. I'm not surprised. The Wiim performs magnificently using an external DAC. Purchasing one little streamer having a decent app will not burn the wallet which is pretty awesome. The 'detailed' review however did less harm for the Wiim...
  3. Phrangko

WiiM Mini Streamer

We're lucky to have 16/44.1 for Spotify. 320kbps is not the ideal streaming we really want.
  4. Phrangko

AUNE XC1 Audio Clock - why would anyone need this?

The Lina DAC of DCs has an external clock as well. The price is insane.
  5. Phrangko

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Update: On my second week of Aune X5s operation the following were observed: - The Aune x5s is not tolerant of some files. Idk about this but it skips files in the middle of the song and took a while proceeding to the next song. My Mac plays these same files with ease. - The BT receiving is a...
  6. Phrangko

I'm with you. I've funally retired my laptop when the Aune X5s 8th Anniversary edition came up. So easy to use and very responsive. How does it sound? Clean and glorious. Better than my Node 2i. Aune brags that it's similar to a CD player and it is. Details, clean details. I never stopped...
  7. Phrangko

The Aune X5S 8th anniversary digital music player. Not a streamer but I'm more interested in its capability to play digital files via USB. Plus I want to retire my laptop for listening. The noise, more often than not, is a pain to eliminate.
  8. Phrangko

Topping M50

If you don't have digital files (flac, wav, etc ) the M50 has no value for you. Your setup is just right.
  9. Phrangko

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I agree that DACs differences in SQ is miniscule no matter the price. I switched from a Topping DAC to RME and I can say the money is not worth it. Unless perhaps you have in a chain a powerful amp and a riot preamp. But then it's not the DAC. Subtle differences are a pain in the pocket mind you.
  10. Phrangko

Topping M50

And its app is for what then?
  11. Phrangko

Topping M50

I emailed Topping about this. Yes you can play music files offline and to confirm, USB can handle 4T.
  12. Phrangko

Topping M50

Hi. As user can you play your music files offline?
  13. Phrangko

Topping M50

Hi. Can you play your music files offline?
  14. Phrangko

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

JohnYang1997 hi. Let me put things in perspective. A reviewer, the taww, admired the RME Adi-2 DAC FS dearly and even praised it's preamp. He still however suggested owners to still use another preamp on top of. I won't mention what preamp he used but the combo awed him still. And that's how he...
  15. Phrangko

Percentage and performance wise how would you rate the Pre90 and the D90's preamp?
  16. Phrangko

I've been searching for the elusive preamp after I sold my lame integrated/preamp. But preamps are f.....g expensive. The price of the Pre90 is half of what I've been evaluating. Amir's test is mostly ceremonial with regard to Topping. Still the Pre90 deserves its coronation. I'm no technical...
  17. Phrangko

Topping preamp

PASS. Not Nelson but on the Pre90. Pricey.
  18. Phrangko

Topping preamp

On the 8th of December. It was announced on twitter by Topping.
  19. Phrangko

Topping preamp

Then the price varies significantly. Without the extender the Pre90 itself may be attainable.
Top Bottom