Search results

1. T

Why people lean towards planar headphones as they are mostly Not following the specific Target

Planars are wonderfully resolving. Not sure what you mean by not following any target. I've had my Hifiman Sundaras for about a year. I have two pair of Sennheiser (HD58X and HD650) that I will never wear again. I still like the Senns but why would I spend an evening with a mid place...
  2. T

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

As best I can tell, the best PEQ for Android is the Qudelix 5K. Is that a fair statement?
  3. T

Looking for a Dap...without DAC, Amp and battery

My phone has a 5Ah battery that can easily play YouTube from wifi continuously for two 8 hour days. It should be better with wifi turned off and streaming from a 1tb tf card. Remote control from a headphone control. I expect battery life will be substantially better, once I install lineageos.
  4. T

Looking for a Dap...without DAC, Amp and battery

Moode audio on an rPi is a nice platform. Remote control with a phone or any web browser. It has had a few glitches but they are developing it quickly and 7.4.1 works like a champ.
  5. T

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I have one of the original D50s and it has functioned perfectly. Would you happen to have a newer AMD system with 5xx chipset? There have been a lot of issues with USB disconnect on those platforms and AMD is investigating. I expect a fix will be out soon.
  6. T

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Does Topping have an over-demand issue? I need another DAC and just assumed I would pick up another P50/D50s/A50s stack but the P50 is no longer bundled with either component and prices have gone up 50%. At this point, I'm thinking of going with a DX7 Pro for about the same price.
  7. T

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I have a P50 and love it but I doubt it makes any noticeable difference in sound. It does, however, make me smile when i see the rather attractive stack of P50/D50s/A50s.
  8. T

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Wiggle the headphone jack and see if it cuts out when you twist and wiggle it.
  9. T

I have kept the A50 because of the 2.5mm output. While I wait for a new 4.4mm balanced cable for my Sennheiser HD6XX, the A50 is more than sufficient to the task. To be honest, I don't see value in the A50 -> A50s upgrade. I'm pleased for the upgrade but only because I'm a nut-job, like the...
  10. T

I feel about the same. I noticed it, also.
  11. T

I'm glad I'm not an audio equipment manufacturer because I'd lose my shit when things like pot backlash are presented as problems when 98% of people wouldn't even notice and 1.9% of those that notice it would realize it's not relevant. The A50s volume pot is fine and works very well. There is...
  12. T

How do you find the SMSL vs Topping DACs? I like the D50S but it does have a bit of grain. Lately I've been running on filter 3 and that has improved it so I'm pretty happy.
  13. T

I've noticed a little backlash in my volume control, also. It's not much and it isn't a problem but it is curious.
  14. T

I have never tried the wall adapter.
  15. T

No noise that I can tell from the p50. It's a lovely stack.
  16. T

I've been using an A50s for about a week. So far, it's about the same as the A50 but I haven't done much direct comparison. There is one song, that always sounded a bit grainy on the A50, that seems to be a bit smoother but I'd have to go back and forth a few more times to have a real opinion...
  17. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Clean up the spare with an "Ozzy Lives!" tattoo and a mullet. :cool: I'm not joking when I write that I'm OK with all of that.
  18. T

John. I appreciate your input at ASR. It's the reason I'm here. I find the A50 a decent little amp. I have no need of anything better. So, naturally, I have an A50s on order. It has been a pleasure to read about details of the project from your perspective. Thank you. Btw, I made a point...
  19. T

OK this seems like a simple if anachronistic question - s/w to convert analog to MP3?

The task at hand seems best suited to LAME with a VBR MP3 target. You should achieve surprisingly good quality and VBR will produce much smaller files than 320Kbps fixed rate encodings. Personally, I'd leave the quality level high and let VBR do it's thing. I'll bet you will be pleasantly...
  20. T

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

If I may express an opinion on this situation... You present it as a major problem but it seems like it would be an extremely minor problem, worst case. At the core of this is the D70 being an expensive, high end, DAC. You don't deserve a good sounding device. You paid for a great sounding...
Top Bottom