Search results

1. Hayabusa

Smart Plugs

shelly, no phone needed.. 2 steps instead of 6
  2. Hayabusa

Smart Plugs

I have the shelly smart plugs which have there own web interface. Any web brower can control it.
  3. Hayabusa

Electrostatic speakers?

50Watts it is :)
  4. Hayabusa

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

An other try: move odd/even speaker slightly from the center line so the magnet does not touch?
  5. Hayabusa

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

You can still do the curve delays with dsp and multiple channels
  6. Hayabusa

Suggestion For Amir Youtube Video - Testing Vibration Effects On Components!

I would take a good full range speaker and put it close to the DUT. A waterfall spectrum of the DUT output while its being bombarded by a 100dB SPL full range sweep would be an interesting test.:cool:
  7. Hayabusa

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

16 bit would give you 1/65536 error in amplitude for each sample. You are right that reconstruction of in-between samples could in theory have a slightly larger deviation from 1/65536 due to the interpolation.
  8. Hayabusa

Sorry, you are wrong, in normal conditions (F < Fs/2 , sufficient bits per sample, accurate clock) the reconstruction can be as perfect as you want.
  9. Hayabusa

You are showing a reconstruction of a clipped signal! This is not a normal reconstruction.
  10. Hayabusa

:facepalm: can you see the emoticons I used?
  11. Hayabusa

its audioSCIENCE here... Science sometimes likes to do things, just because we can!:cool: Who cares if its useful or not ;)
  12. Hayabusa

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Nice! Did you try to up the bit-rate to see when you can not hear the difference anymore?
  13. Hayabusa

Indeed normal up sampling will not recover any lost information. But I could imagine a new way of up-sampling: Recognizing and classifying sounds and based on that reconstruct missing harmonics. This looks like image reconstruction where you basically identify objects in the image, for...
  14. Hayabusa

If you would repeat your test starting with an original image that you down-sample and then up-sample you can evaluate how good your up-sampling matches your original
  15. Hayabusa

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

I once ripped a spotify track and did subtract the samples with a CD copy I had, The result was a difference file at a very low amplitude with only some high frequency 'hiss' in it. It should at least tell us that disabling normalization brings you close to the original redbook cd track.
  16. Hayabusa

Is there an electrical risk to headphones to run them off a LINE OUT port, directly off something like a DAC, that isn't intended for direct playback?

from their website: Following is a list of some of the technical features of the SDAC: XMOS X200 USB streaming controller operating in asynchronous transfer mode. IDT XLH series oscillators provide and exceptionally stable and low noise sample clock for DAC. 12kHz to 20MHz phase jitter is...
  17. Hayabusa

Is there an electrical risk to headphones to run them off a LINE OUT port, directly off something like a DAC, that isn't intended for direct playback?

Output impedance of xlr and rca outputs are most of the time made series resistors. You can even short circuit them without any issue
  18. Hayabusa

An XLR out typical has an 100 ohm output impedance, so a >200 ohm headphone should be no issue at all. Electrically , I see no issue, only the max SPL could be limited.
  19. Hayabusa

Grundig

Almost don't dare to ask but: did you remove the jumpers between low/high connectors?
Top Bottom