Search results

1. G

Small portable dongle/dac with low latency/ASIO support?

I don't intend to use it with a phone or tablet. Only on a laptop, using Ableton to play VST instruments with ASIO driver for low latency, and I want to be able to play music or youtube videos in Windows at the same time.
  2. G

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means. Would you mind please explaining this again? Do you mean that the simultaneous playing is more likely to work if you don't need special drivers?
  3. G

There's lots of fairly cheap CS43131 dongles on aliexpress, eg this one Worth a try?
  4. G

Yes, there is no sound from Firefox in that case. I just contacted Centrance: Seriously?? On such an expensive DAC? This is ridiculous. It's just audio. It's 2023! I've seen lots of cheap dongles on aliexpress that list the DAC chip they use, anyone know what chip I should be looking for? I...
  5. G

Yes, using Realtek ASIO driver... I'm playing a youtube video in Firefox in the background in this screenshot: If I close Firefox I can use Ableton. But I can never use them together. Aargh. I also have a DACPort HD, same problem: DACPort only has 32 bit options in there. Any ideas on...
  6. G

Can anyone confirm a dongle that is as small as possible and is able to use Ableton with ASIO drivers while simultaneously playing audio from, eg youtube or foobar2k? I sometimes want to watch youtube Ableton tutorials while actually trying it out on the laptop. My Focusrite audio interface at...
  7. G

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I have a Focusrite audio interface at home using ASIO drivers in Ableton, and I can use youtube or whatever at the same time. I am planning on using the laptop with a Launchpad Mini MIDI controller, so I need low latency to play it. I would much rather just buy a dongle that supports this...
  8. G

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

Can someone who has this tell me if you can use the Sonata HD Pro with ASIO drivers and supports multiple outputs simultaneously in Windows 10? I am thinking about getting one of these to use Ableton on my laptop. Ableton needs ASIO drivers for low latency. But I also need to be able to play...
  9. G

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Thanks for that, checking that thread out now.
  10. G

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Thought this might be a good place to ask... Does anyone know if any of these tiny dongles have ASIO drivers in Windows? I'd like to use one for Ableton on my laptop because my laptop audio has terrible latency due to no ASIO driver.
  11. G

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Interesting. I've been curious about JBL and horns, never heard them. I love the R3s though, so probably no point. Can you compare them a bit more, beyond just saying "improvement"? What's different?
  12. G

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

I like the way you explained that. Given the choice of only a single set of speakers for the living room, I'd have to go with accurate however. Wish I had a listening room and enough cash for multiple sets of speakers, would be interesting.
  13. G

Advice between Kef R3 Meta or Buchardt S400 MKII ?

I have original R3 and they are great. I want neutral speakers with very low distortion in a beautiful package, and that's what they provide. I've seen many examples on forums of Kef standing by their products too, even sending replacement drivers out to people who have had children put their...
  14. G

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

Only 95 dB!! I'd have to put in my ear-trumpets to hear anything!
  15. G

Erin's KEF R5 review

I got R3+sub because it was cheaper than R7 and the -3dB point of my sub is 19Hz.
  16. G

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

necrobump, just wanted to say that I have an SB2000 nonpro, and it has barely any hiss. I can just hear it when I literally get down on my knees and wear the sub like a headphone with my ear about 10cm from the speaker, but not at all from the couch. Maybe try a different sub cable? Does it...
  17. G

Unusual Speaker Designs

I can read it on my phone OK. I have a large phone though. Sure, it doesn't auto-flow the text but I wouldn't call it "simply unusable". It's just like reading a pdf on the phone. Lots of modern sites with their fancy features and pop-up menus and hidden features that barely work, I would call...
  18. G

How does MQA identify itself?

Thanks for the answers everyone!
  19. G

How does MQA identify itself?

This is a technical question. How do MQA files identify themselves to the device? I guess it's in the last few bits of the audio data, but how does it technically work? I'm guessing it just runs everything through a decoder and just doesn't process frames that don't pass a checksum test?
Top Bottom