Search results

1. D

CamillaNode : A web based UI alternative to control CamillaDSP as PEQ

Does the web option only work if you do everything through it? For example I already have CamillaDSP up and running with a config, could it load that and visualize the EQ curve? If something is playing, would it show the levels? I tried to import my config but I don't think it worked. I just...
  2. D

Using OrangePi Zero2 as an equalizer between USB source and USB DAC

Nice guide! I use a Topping EX5 so you'd need to adjust this to fit your DAC. I created a udev rule to restart camilladsp when my DAC comes online (since I turn it on and off at times). Saving to something like /etc/udev/rules.d/90-camilladsp.rules ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb"...
  3. D

CamillaNode : A web based UI alternative to control CamillaDSP as PEQ

Awesome stuff, can't wait to try it, thank you!!!
  4. D

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

@amirm do you have any way to measure if PEQ ads any delay? Thank you for the review!
  5. D

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

I get what I feel is like 0.2-0.4s delay, which is noticeable when I view video/movies as you can tell the sound is out of sync with the video. It's worth noting that I am using optical out to raspberry pi, do PEQ with CamillaDSP and then output to USB to EX5. I'm limited in sampling frequency...
  6. D

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Thank you for the review @Rja4000 ! As others, PEQ is also piquing my interest. I was wondering if you'd be able to answer another question on that. Do you know if turning on PEQ ads any delay? I'm currently doing PEQ through a raspberry pi and then to Topping EX5 and I haven't been able to...
  7. D

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I got them based on someone else from this thread and they helped quite a bit (still don't think it's 100%), but they were a real bear to put on, had to use a modified chopstick from the other direction to expand enough to fit onto the tip: KBEAR 08 Silicone Upgraded Earphone Eartips 1 pair(2...
  8. D

No, not worth it, unless you think the Red or Blue (which are larger) would not fit your ears as well. These do not fit me as well, had to go through 4 different set of tips to find a pair that worked better, and I still prefer the sound of the Blues.
  9. D

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Miami, Florida, USA
  10. D

Good point! I went with matching the R on cable with R on IEM being on the same side/face hoping that was correct. Above you can see both "R"'s, and you cannot see either "L" as they're on the other face/side.
  11. D

That's the crux of the matter. The physical geometry is different and will work for some but not for others. Here's TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero (Blue, incorrectly said I had the RED earlier in the thread) vs 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 By the way, while doing this I noticed that the R side membrane...
  12. D

Initially with FiiO BTR3, but I just plugged them into Topping EX5 and a couple of times I could hear more bass, but still not as much as with Zero:RED. It may be as @mc.god suggested a seating problem. The Zero:2 feels more comfortable than Zero:RED but maybe that's because it's not seating...
  13. D

I tried foam tips, didn't help. I don't dare to remove the cable, it was very tough to get it connected.
  14. D

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I find the cable of TZR to be much better in feel. I also had to really force the connection on the 7Hz, they were very tight to the point I feared I would bend the pins.
  15. D

I find them slightly more comfortable, however I like the sound better of the TZR, especially in low bass (see my previous post).
  16. D

Hello @amirm I bought both of these and Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED , thank you for the reviews! However, in comparing them, I find the 7Hz to be lacking in low bass. When looking at the FR graph, I would expect the 7Hz to actually have more low bass than the Truthear. I was actually using one...
  17. D

Ask me questions.

Hi John, thank you for taking questions? What's the biggest barrier to introducing a DAC product that can do PEQ and crossover to a sub? It seems like those are the biggest asks for most people when it comes to new DAC products rather than squeezing more SINAD. Thank you!
  18. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Ah, was hoping it might be an easy way to do it, but I was afraid it would be an issue. Thank you for setting me straight before I wasted any time on it!
  19. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I had missed this wonderful thread. Thank you very much @mdsimon2 for putting in all this effort! I have not gone through in detail over the entire thread, but before embarking on it, quick question for anyone that knows. I want to use rpi4 and two DACs. One to send high pass to speakers, and...
  20. D

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

I actually use the Kali LP6 with rpi and Camilla DSP. Fairly happy except that the DSP introduced delay that's been driving me nuts. Only use it for music now, not for any video.
Top Bottom