Search results

1. B

Room correction - Linux

I've spent some time playing with DRC after time aligning speakers and am pretty happy with the results. I haven't had a chance to measure some of the corrected impulse responses, but will follow up once I get some measurements. The uncorrected frequency response is below: Had a few questions...
  2. B

Speaker (Kef 104) tweeter polarity

@pjn would you mind sharing the measured frequency response of your KEFs assuming Audyssey outputs this? I have a pair of 104/2s that I've refurbed and have been measuring for DRC and would be interested to see what the mid range and tweeter frequency response of your speakers are, with and...
  3. B

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks so much for this! Just got through a nearly identical process to get CamillaDSP running on a Pi4, but hadn't set up the web interface so will do that now.
  4. B

Room correction - Linux

Maybe more of a practical question, but how does this apply to listening in different positions? Is compensating for interchannel misalignment important for establishing proper filters for each channel by time aligning the impulse response, and are these only valid for a position within a ~6 cm...
  5. B

Room correction - Linux

Thanks! Is there a way to export the acoustic timing signal from the REW impulse response sweep? It didn't look like DRC found the impulse response in the sweep that I collected, so wasn't sure if this was exported by default.
  6. B

Room correction - Linux

Are there any considerations or requirements for using REW to generate and measure the impulse response? For example, should any averaging be applied before exporting the impulse response? I've gotten this flow working but noticed that DRC-FIR is preparing some tight filters at higher...
  7. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I am currently using optical out directly from my LG OLED TV without issue.
  8. B

Another preamp follow-up question - has anyone noticed buzzing once the D30 Pro enters standby with it connected directly to a power amp? With the D30 Pro powered on, whether it's locked on to a source or waiting, there's an extremely faint buzz that comes from the tweeters. However, when the...
  9. B

Just purchased a D30 Pro to use as a preamp + DAC into a NC252 amp - it sounds great but had a question about using it as a digital preamp. For casual music listening, I have the preamp set to around -45 dBr which seems like a lot of attenuation. Is the right way to think about what this is...
  10. B

Permanent noise/hum from Speaker

I should clarify what I said - the tonearm is always connected to the phono preamp GND, however the preamp is integrated into the RA-1572. What I noticed was that when the chassis is tied directly to earth GND the noise is reduced.
  11. B

Permanent noise/hum from Speaker

I have a Rotel RA-1572 that I also noticed has a slight buzz that is noticeable close to speakers but inaudible (for me at least) at my listening position. I spent some time tracking it down and could not find an input to blame, but my phono stage when grounded to the amp chassis was...
  12. B

Apple lossless official announcement

Also wonder if they'll allow for the Apple TV to be a high res music streamer - believe it's currently limited to 24 bit/48 KHz and not sure if that's a hardware or software limitation.
  13. B

Next steps for speaker placement and room correction

Interesting you pointed that out - something I've been puzzled by after doing room measurements on these speakers. I don't believe there's any spinorama data since they're about 30 years old. I also restored the woofers, added fluid to the tweeters, and replaced some of the gaskets so...
  14. B

Thanks for the link to your thread and sharing what helped. I might try to add some EQ to the dip to see if I can improve it without a sub, but had tried a much wider boost range that "corrected" the null but instead did what @alex-z mentioned and made things worse (distortion/clipping). Given...
  15. B

I used REW to take averaged RTA data with the mic swept around my listening position, and then used REW EQ to define the DSP filter type, frequency, gain, and Q. I also used REW to generate filter data that I imported into Roon. The EQ settings I used were: Match range, 20 - 500 Hz Individual...
  16. B

After buying a miniDSP umik I've gone down the rabbit hole of speaker placement and trying to correct what I believe are nasty room modes and SBIR, but have one in particular that doesn't seem to respond too differently to speaker location. I have a pair of KEF 104/2s placed in a condo living...
  17. B

RPi & ALSA volume to prevent clipping

I've been using a Raspberry Pi streamer with both Ropieee and moOde using either a Topping D30 or Rotel RA-1572 built-in USB DAC. Many years ago when using Linux for audio playback I recall seeing that 100% volume in ALSA for some playback devices resulted in gain and clipping, and it was...
  18. B

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Yes, sorry I should have clarified, I was referring to moOde and Roon. It doesn't seem like Roon uses the same pipeline since a configuration that I used that caused distorted output for Spotify didn't have the same problem with Roon. I'll keep messing around to confirm but a consideration for...
  19. B

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Do you know whether CamillaDSP filters are applied to the RoonBridge renderer? I confirmed that they work with Spotify but it didn't seem to be the case with Roon and figured I'd check before making a bogus filter to verify.
  20. B

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

Thanks for sharing - I had previously looked into adding a 12 V trigger to the amp and was aware of these pins in the data sheet, but didn't consider using this to prevent power up/down transients. I've been using the Rotel RA-1572 and NC252 as a pre/power amp (RCA -> XLR) the past few days and...
Top Bottom