Search results

1. catalogguy

Faster electric razor

Years back, I had a plug-in electric razor. I used a small device between the razor plug and the wall outlet. It made the razor run faster. I believe it was called a Shaver Jet, but I find no mention of it online. I recall someone said it converted AC to DC, making the motor happier? Do...
  2. catalogguy

Request for help adding a microphone to a headphone amp

My mother is hard if hearing and particularly difficult for her is getting a clear understanding of voices on TV. She us quite pleased that I set her up with a bluetooth transmitter, bluetooth receiver/DAC/amp combo device, and a set of Koss headphones. Separately, my sister bought her a...
  3. catalogguy

Request for wiring advice

I am attempting to build a device that will power on my 2 channel amplifier by the 12v trigger input when I use a universal remote. I have purchased a device that includes the relay, 12v power adapter and remote. I need to connect the 3.5 mm plug to the device. Does anyone recommend how to do...
  4. catalogguy

Looking to build a simple solution to control 12v amp trigger

I have an amp with a 12v input trigger but I have no device with an output trigger. I have kind of been through the ringer looking for a reasonable solution and maybe this is the ticket. I would very much like to hear from someone who is comfortable with electronics to confirm that this looks...
  5. catalogguy

My toroids buzz

First it was the Creek Evo 100A amplifier. I tried other outlets (with nothing plugged into the device other than AC... no speakers or sources). I tried an iFi gizmo (AC iPurifier and Groundhog +) but it made no difference. I tried an Emotiva line filter (CMX-2) and that made an immediate...
  6. catalogguy

Headphones for TV (for mom's Jeopardy)

This is for my mother. In her nineties, her hearing is not nearly what it was. Without realizing it, she can make the TV loud enough for the neighbors to hear just to watch Jeopardy. So she has wireless headphones and that seems to be her preferred way to go. She is on her second set of...
  7. catalogguy

TV & Music ... from the same speakers?

I have searched and searched, and I have not found a simple answer... I have a pair of passive speakers, an active subwoofer, a TV, and a Raspberry Pi. I have my eye on a class D amp that has only a pair of XLR inputs and a 12v trigger. I have sought a DAC with the following: XLR output - amp...
  8. catalogguy

Cambridge Audio DAC/Streamer Measurements?

I do not find any measurements on ASR on the Cambridge Audio DAC/streamer devices. Here is a list of what I am interested in reading about. CXN (V2 especially) Azur 851D & 851N I have the impression that these are popular mass-market items. The 851D has a trigger output, which seems absent on...
  9. catalogguy

Nativ Vita Music Player

https://www.nativsound.com/en/music-server Just came across the link for this music player. I am not familiar with the brand and not entirely certain what are the capabilities of this product, but it is an attractive appliance.
  10. catalogguy

CXN or Creeky Ruby 2? Streamer/Preamp/DAC for Roon & TV Optical - Please Comment & Suggest

I would like to hear thoughts or opinions on replacing the Monitor Audio A100 that I have been using as a streamer/preamp/DAC to act as a Roon endpoint and take the TV optical audio signal. The reason for change is the device is not working (I may get it going again, but this is the third one...
  11. catalogguy

Please explain what I need to make Roon work...

I am having trouble figuring out what I do not know about Roon… I wish to try Roon because it sounds great and I am tremendously disappointed with the alternatives I have tried for browsing and selecting music. Most of my library has been ripped from my personal CD collection (I rip each CD...
Top Bottom