Search results

1. N

Individual variation in headphone models, calibration, and the circle of confusion

I've read some interesting things regarding variation in individual headphones of the same model this weekend and wanted to hear some takes on this from here. The first was this article...
  2. N

The Dolby Atmos/Mch moral equivalents of Cousin Dupree, Fast Car, Bird on a Wire, etc

When reading about people evaluating stereo reproduction, it's not uncommon to see some ubiquitous tracks like those mentioned in the title. Are there similar conventional samples for things like Dolby Atmos or multi-channel recordings? What are good representative clips/tracks to subjectively...
  3. N

Nature sound recordings like Gordon Hempton, with surround/atmos mix?

I love Gordon Hempton’s nature recordings. Sometimes I’m not in the mood for music and would rather listen to some ambient nature sounds. His recordings sound fantastic on headphones. Is there anything like this but with a surround or even Dolby Atmos mix?
  4. N

Hypothetical: 2 Revel F208s vs 2 Revel F206s and 2 SVS PB-2000s

I wanted to pose this as a thought experiment: if someone would have a fixed budget around ~$5000, which would likely lead to a preferable outcome: 2 Revel F208s at $5000, or 2 Revel F206s plus 2 SVS PB-2000s at $5100? What would be the contextual factors that might make the decision tilt one...
  5. N

Theory: If I EQ headphones to Harman AE/OE curve, what other attributes should I look for?

Hi! Wanted to pose a little thought experiment: Assume I can theoretically get a frequency response curve for a pair of headphones that matches the Harman 2018 target AE/OE curve (published at http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436, and available at various places like RTINGS ratings...
Top Bottom