Search results

1. Echolane

How do I bring top quality audio to my TV system

Final Report… my Audiomat Arpege tube amp has been repaired and I’ve decided to keep using it in my TV system. It sounds really good and will continue to sound better and better for awhile. It actually cost me more than estimated because the small tubes had to be replaced as well as all the...
  2. Echolane

Thanks much for the tip on an Onkyo, but luckily, my long time go to fellow for repairs, who has been incredibly busy for the last couple of years, has kindly agreed to fit me in and look at my Adcom GFA 535II Amplifier tomorrow. If it can be repaired for less than my tube amp, it would be a...
  3. Echolane

Thanks for your condolences. Since my husband’s death two years ago, I’ve practically lived in front of my music system. Music has helped, that’s for sure. I’ve enjoyed putting together music systems since I was a teenager. I’ve got four complete stereo systems in my five room house...
  4. Echolane

I put a new valve in the spot where the failure occurred and turned the unit on. Within a very few minutes, the replacement valve was putting out way more heat than the other three. In addition, the light that glows was approximately four times larger in diameter than the light in the other...
  5. Echolane

Active speakers is an idea that never occurred to me. Interesting. But my Sony speakers were unusually expensive and I’m not inclined to replace them. I became quite infatuated with owning them. I discovered them after Sony had stopped production so the only way to own them was to buy used...
  6. Echolane

I’ve added my sources to my original message. Hope that helps. I wish I could attach my speakers to my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 preamp and DAC. If only! Because I could get pretty darn good audio that way!! The DDP-1 gets superlative reviews. Unfortunately, it has no speaker connections, it is...
  7. Echolane

Looking for a good solution to bring top quality audio to my TV system I am a two-channel audiophile and it looks like I will have to replace the tube amp I have been using in my TV system because it needs an expensive repair and it’s 26 years old and may not be worth repairing. Ideally...
  8. Echolane

Are Mogami cables worth it?

I am super impressed with them. A friend of mine recommended them and I am so glad he did. But I just bought them today and haven’t heard them yet. I splurged and bought the Platinums. I bought them to connect my Berkeley Audio DAC Reference Series 2 to my new barely broken in CL—38uC tube...
  9. Echolane

is microphone xlr cable same as an audio xlr interconnect?

Thanks. I confirmed that with the vendor also and I did buy Mogami Platinum.
  10. Echolane

Are Mogami cables worth it?

The Mogami is shielded. Are the others?
  11. Echolane

is microphone xlr cable same as an audio xlr interconnect?

I came here because I want to buy a pair of balanced (XLR) cables to connect my SACD player to my Luxman tube preamplifier. I saw a lot of XLR cables intended for microphones and thought I should verify that they were suitable for my audio system. I’ve read two pages of comments here and I’m...
  12. Echolane

HIFI POWER CABLES - a thought

I did say presumably. In fact I put it in parentheses because I am clear that on this site it is universally assumed that everything labeled audiophile is snake oil.
  13. Echolane

HIFI POWER CABLES - a thought

Excuse me, but I think that is the point, the last four feet. Because what comes Into that last four feet is dirty power. The power cord (presumably) cleans up some or all of the dirty electricity.
  14. Echolane

Tripp Lite IS250 Isolation Transformer Review for Audio (Video)

Thank you trying to hoist me out of the snake pit. My antennae are always tuned but I can’t help succumbing to some of the things I hear. , as in this case. Incidentally, your review is for the Green Wave Meter, mine is the Trifield Meter. That said, they do look almost identical except for...
  15. Echolane

Tripp Lite IS250 Isolation Transformer Review for Audio (Video)

I have very noisy electricity according to an Trifield EMI Electricity Noise Analyzer. It measures in the range of 900 millivolts peak to peak. To tame this noise I was advised by fellow audiophile acquaintances to install a dedicated line for my audio. That didn’t turn out to be of any help...
  16. Echolane

Extreme Snake Oil

I’m not interested in being bullied.
  17. Echolane

Extreme Snake Oil

Well, darn that is a sobering point of view! Especially since I just paid around $1500 for three Shunyata power cords and one RCA interconnect. And I was planning to save up to buy more. They haven’t arrived yet. I bought from Music Dirext and they have a 60 day return policy. I hope that...
  18. Echolane

How is this possible? Shunyata power line filtering (with video)

I was treated to a demo of ferrites yesterday in my audio system. It happened because I learned that my mains electricity is *very* dirty and I am told this noise it affects audio quality. I’ve also been told that components themselves create considerable noise. I have been “infected” with...
  19. Echolane

Your favorite opera from this list?

I’ll help you choose. I enjoy Marriage of Figaro more than Don Giovanni.
  20. Echolane

Your favorite opera from this list?

For sure avoid Andrea Bocelli opera recordings. However he does have a beautiful voice for popular Italian songs and any one of his reoddings would be a treat for easy listening. as to opera recordings I can recommend several I find especially appealing to just listen to 1. La Rondine with...
Top Bottom