Search results

1. G

Acoustat and Hypex

Has anyone used Hypex nc500, nc1200, or the newer NCx500 with Acoustats? These amps are all rated down to 1 Ohm so I would assume they would work well but there is no substitute for first hand experience. Thanks.
  2. G

Connecting a umik-1 (usb class 1) with male usb connector to my 2020 macbook air with Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports

Trying to connect my new umik-1 supplied with a male usb class 1 plug to my macbook air with two thunderbolt 4/usb 4 female ports. Can someone tell me what sort of adapter I need? I know there are several kinds of USB and thunderbolt- kind of confusing for someone not on the bleeding edge of all...
  3. G

Final Audio Electrostatic Speakers

Final Audio, an electrostatic speaker manufacturer in the Netherlands, first produced speakers back in the early 2000's, changed ownership, then the original owner restarted the company a few years ago. Now they are building out a distributor base in Europe and North America. There new line...
  4. G

Anyone used an ipad or iphone with lightning to USB converter to feed an Okto Research dac8 Pro?

Would set up jriver with dsp crossovers and room correction, stream via wifi to the ipad/iphone then into via lightning to usb cable into the dac8 Pro....Anyone tried this? thanks.
  5. G

Can someone outline the signal chain for an active 3 way system using dsp crossovers and room correction?

So I have magnapan tympani speakers, an Octo dac8 pro, 2 channels of nc1200 amplification for the bottom, and purifi for the mid and treble. I plan to start with a mac mini feeding the Octo dac via usb. I want stream my own local music files and Amazon prime music to the dac, with both dsp...
  6. G

Octo dac8 fed with a wifi usb bridge?

Wondering if anyone has tried using a wifi to usb bridge to stream multichannel audio from a desk top (with software crossovers/dsp) through a wi-fi to usb bridge to an Octo dac8? Concerned whether or not here is enough throughput to avoid dropouts, etc...Thanks!
  7. G

Can someone educate me on what I need to stream music files with an Octo dac8, and 3 way active speakers?

I thought I could just use an older mac mini to feed music files from external hard drives and perhaps Tidal, Amazon Prime Music or the like, do dsp crossovers and possibly room correction, and route the output from the mac mini via usb to the Octo dac8, then to my amps which will feed my...
  8. G

Looking for a Hypex nc400/500/1200 Signal cable....Help?

I recently bought an nc1200 amp and am rewiring the xlr jacks. One of the signal wires had the nampon wire cut (?) and the cable is too short to reroute properly. I tried to buy one from Hypex but they want $75 shipping for an $8 cable! Anyone have a spare or know where I can get one without the...
  9. G

Hypex Nc400, Nc500oem, power supplies, Soekris r2r Dam 1021 boards

I have 3 Hypex NC400 amp modules, 2 Hypex NC500oem modules, 2 Hypex nc500 buffer boards, 4 Hypex smps600 power supplies, and 2 smps1200A700 power supplies. I also have 3 Soekris dam1021 .01% resister r2r dac boards. All of these are new, never used. I mounted the nc500oems, buffer boards, and...
Top Bottom