Search results

1. B

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

At that price point just get the Wiim amp and be done. It has eARC for your TV in, you then get more power and subwoofer out for the future when you want to add a sub.
  2. B

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Stoup Mosaic Pale. Fantastic at the brewery. And great in cans too.
  3. B

Polk Reserve R350 Review (Center Speaker)

If you have an acoustically transparent screen I'd recommend getting a center that is exactly the same as your left and right speakers.
  4. B

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Does Erin have a go fund me account for this that we can donate too? Looking to find out where to give money to support him.
  5. B

Three very different amps. Which to choose?

Omg stop. You have been promoted to my ignore list.
  6. B

What amps are false spec"d? Almost none that Amir has rated. How are speakers power spec'd?
  7. B

You didn't bother to watch the video I posted did you?
  8. B

Id pick the Apollo, the purifi amps are fantastic thd and the peak and continuous power are more than the rest. At the end of the day you want power from your amp. Especially if you are driving a full range speaker. You will hear a big difference in the low end with the extra power the Apollon...
  9. B

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Craft Haus Czech style pilsner
  10. B

Car DSP or AMP

Amir has reviewed a couple of car amps. If there is one you want him to review you would need to buy it and send it to him. In my personal limited experience there is benefit to upgrading both the car speakers and amplifier. The OEM speakers and ampliers tend to be built for efficiency at lower...
  11. B

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

It's a heck of a value for a DAC+amp. Good performance and power and not broken anywhere. That gets a "very good" in my book.
  12. B

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

What content has 7.1 down mixed to 5.1? Any 7.1 content I have ever seen has a 5.1 mix which is what is sent when your system doesn't have 7.1. the reason it's not 3db louder is because you are receiving native 5.1 and the AVR is not having to do the work itself. My expectation for why the...
  13. B

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Agreed. I think you are expecting the AVR to reduce the level of the center signal by 3db relative to the left and right signals because it's being sent to two speakers. It seems like the 3db increase is because you have two speakers replicating the center signal instead of 1. Level matching...
  14. B

Favorite Dolby Atmos (or spatial audio) albums

Welcome and glad you are enjoying Atmos/spatial audio music. I definitely find whomever mixed them makes a big difference and I am very happy to see a huge selection of new and old music coming out in the format. I think we are past the point of saying "there isn't much content in Atmos" and are...
  15. B

NAD T778 vs Arcam AVR20 and/or how do I listen to an Atmos music stream on an AVR.

I have been very happy with my anthem mrx1140. So if you haven't considered the current line of Anthem AVRs they have measured well and perform well.
  16. B

Frustrated Streaming Movies no longer in Atmos

Ugh! And that's a premium paid product. I'm thinking Dolby will have to rethink their business model if even the most premium services are pulling their latest and greatest format. It's a demonstrably better format for both creating content And listening to it. All these services and providers...
  17. B

Subwoofer standby tragedy

Hmm. It sounds like the line level signal to the sub is too low for it to stay on. Have you attempted to contact Kef and get their recommendations based on your setup? They may be more knowledgeable than the previous owner. There may be a setting you can adjust in the app. Also, you could try...
  18. B

Frustrated Streaming Movies no longer in Atmos

Yep I understand the benefits of discs and agree with you. At this point I'm not ready to invest the additional money into a new player and a library of discs. My family wouldn't go through the extra steps vs streaming. Part of my goals in building the system is creating something that just...
  19. B

Travel speaker

I have a jbl charge 5 and it's great for sitting by the pool easy to use and has a built in charging port so you can use it to charge other devices
Top Bottom