Search results

1. SDC

1" dome tweeter vs. 1" compression driver on same size horn / waveguide, SPL & nonlinear distortion comparison

To be specific, nd350 has 1" throat but 1.75" diaphragm. Compared to the 1" of dome tweeter. Still, nice work!
  2. SDC

Pads to reduce vibration

In Korea PBA series from iVIC is well known solution. Don't know if you can get these over seas though...
  3. SDC

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

First the measurements are better. Better measurements doesn't mean better sound stage, like Stealth and Expanse weren't really my cup of tea... But, worse measurement means just nothing. Second hifiman oval drivers are known to have audible distortion problems in high volume sweeps. Even...
  4. SDC

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

I actually don't recommend oval planars from hifiman. Round ones are better... I personally recommend hd800s if your planning for impulcifier, realizer, bacch. Tried lots of fancy headphones... Sold most of them ended with he6se and hd800s.
  5. SDC

Mid-Bass Monsters

With ESS you don't need the onboard tweeter. Actually it's better without it.
  6. SDC

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

Customer can get the carbon plate of Moondrop Darksaber at half the price:D
  7. SDC

Help me fix my broken Revel C12!

I'll carefully measure the tweeter without passive XO if I was in that situation. I once had problem with Revel F228be which wasn't fixed with new tweeter, so the dealer replaced the XO and the speaker was fixed.
  8. SDC

Advice needed for active crossover setting on Yamaha NS1000M

Flex eight for dsp works perfectly. I've used it in high sensitivity beryllium compression drivers. No noise problems. Shd paired with fusion plate amp for t25d tweeter, M74A midrange also had no problem. Minidsp are doing decent job with their updated products. If there is noise, it is...
  9. SDC

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

Oh my, I'm so sorry for the mistake.
  10. SDC

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

With the neos and purifies I expected it to be better than that...
  11. SDC

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

I absolutely love the design... But disappointing part is their force canceling no longer achieved by two woofers clamping each other. Not saying this is the better way. But this is more intuitively force canceling to me.
  12. SDC

Interior of a Rupert Neve RNHP

Looks nice, well packed. Considering this is consumer product from those 'famous&fancy studio guys'. Not gonna look up for the price though.
  13. SDC

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

No more Asano Tanch in Tanchjim earphones? That's really sad...
  14. SDC

Does Anyone Else Enjoy The Sound From Their Smartphone Speakers?

I enjoy listening to music through my phone speakers. While they may not offer high-fidelity sound, their low-fidelity quality has a certain relaxing texture that I find quite enjoyable.
  15. SDC

Moondrop Paradise, Amazing curves!

Problem of Para(and Venus) is not the bass roll off in the measured graph. The stiff joints, large unit, thin pads combined it is very hard to get the correct fit. When the seal is broken the bass rolls off much faster. So even with the EQ, bass will sound wrong 9 out of 10 times. I like...
  16. SDC

Need Your Advice on Developing a 5.1 Channel DAC

My guess, target is those who mainly use headsets and sometimes simple multi channel for netflix (which means 7.1ch is useless). Master volume would be nice. Remote will probably have this, but it is slow and frustrating when you can just reach out and turn. For output, additional 3.5mm jacks...
  17. SDC

Moondrop Paradise, Amazing curves!

I own Venus and going to Para now. Graph is amazing and I still don't understand how they made it. Gotta see it myself with some earmic measurements...
  18. SDC

Revel Speaker Repair

I disassembled f228be and salon2. (With the help and permission from Korea distributor) The tweeters are soldered to wire so it is more than being loose. To detach the unit you should remove the fasteners and then use little hard stick like thing to cantilever the thing off. And be careful the...
  19. SDC

Best process to optimise a 2.2 system in an AVR with Audyssey and Dirac

Yes. Each subwoofers are flat, phase corrected, and time compensated after dirac. But that doesn't mean the sum of four is too. There are several methods to sum the subs as you also know. In my case, simple summing didn't work. Ended up with not smooth in room distribution of bass and jagged...
  20. SDC

Best process to optimise a 2.2 system in an AVR with Audyssey and Dirac

I don't have minidsp so I use dsp plate amp of arendal for external dsp First I flatten all four at listening position with dirac and apply it to AV reciever. Than I Invert the phase of two arendal subwoofer using plate amp setting. Add delay using avr manual setting so woofer cancel out each...
Top Bottom