Search results

1. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Apart from everything else, the guy from Tekton has made the worst possible decision to defend his business. From a marketing standpoint, it’s a devastating move that will probably sink his company. People don’t want to buy products from someone they dislike. And this man has managed to alienate...
  2. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Here in Spain, it's mandatory to attempt a conciliation act before proceeding to court. This requirement aims to encourage the amicable resolution of disputes and prevent court congestion. The conciliation is conducted before the Judicial Secretary or the Lawyer of the Administration of Justice...
  3. J

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Hooola. :) Saludos desde La Rioja (España)
  4. J

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

I didn't know that in order to participate in ASR it was required to publish a complete academic resume. :) I don't work in audio. But I do work in electronics, especially industrial control and power (power at the level of controlling the excitation of a 500MW synchronous turbogenerator)...
  5. J

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

All these pseudoscientific arguments are "designed" to users who lack technical knowledge and are therefore much more susceptible to this kind of deception. It happens in all disciplines. In fact, it is the basis of pseudosciences. The vast majority of hi-end hifi buyers know almost nothing...
  6. J

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

Exactly. As simple as that. At least in Europe, the VAST majority of cars were manual until a few years ago. And now they are automatic mainly because it is more convenient with hybrid engines. This is a side effect of the EU legislation, which promotes (and will soon force) ECO vehicles (hybrid...
  7. J

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

But then,... Where's the point in having a tube amp that sounds just like any properly designed solid state amp? I mean, apart from its aesthetics, what's so great about it if what characterizes a tube amp is the coloration of the sound? If someone manages to design and build a tube amp with...
  8. J

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

The point is that the slogan "Made in Japan" is associated with a quality, well-designed and manufactured product... that does not have the price factor as its main selling point. That cost the Japanese a lot, but they succeeded. However, the "Made in China" slogan has not yet achieved an...
  9. J

For better or worse, the world of hifi is as much or more about aesthetics than pure specifications. No doubt this amp is fantastic in terms of specs. Extraordinary for the price it has. But in my opinion (and it's just my opinion) the Vu meter looks ugly to me. Each one can give it the...
  10. J

I agree with most of the comments. While the specs are objectively VERY good, it fails (like most Chinese devices) in the aesthetic design section. For some reason, they often make baroque decisions, lacking elegance and sobriety. In this case the glass of the VU Meters has a pitiful design...
  11. J

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

There is a fundamental difference: The PA5 does not have a remote control to be able to control the volume and select the input, while the RA3 has such a remote and a display indicating the level. In my opinion, this makes it much more useful as a proper integrated amp because you don't need to...
  12. J

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

As far as I have understood, it is basically an integrated amplifier (since it has a preamp for volume control) with two selectable inputs, one balanced XLR and one RCA. Well, what can I say, I think it is an impressive amp for $230 with a 105 SINAD that also has a remote control and volume...
  13. J

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

In these cases I always ask myself the same question. Did they do it this badly on purpose, or is it that they just don't know how to do it better? Usually the excuse in these cases is that they have searched for a specific "sound signature", that in the design they have been guided by ear and...
  14. J

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

What a mess :facepalm: It is difficult to make it worse. I would almost say they have put a lot of effort into get that mess.
  15. J

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

In my opinion, Topping has it very easy to update this product. The recipe is obvious: place two of these stages in bridge mode inside a single chassis, include the power supply inside as well, and add a proper remote control. Having the base, I don't think it would be that difficult.
  16. J

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Great performer, but a proper integrated amplifier should have a remote control. I don't think it's appropriate to have to get out of your chair every time you need to adjust the volume when listening. If it were a power amplifier intended to be connected to a preamp or DAC with integrated...
  17. J

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

As much as it would be "free", to do it badly, I think it is better not to do it at all. Or, for that matter, do it right even if the final price goes up a very few dollars. I don't think it would be very difficult to properly implement a DAC that can match the performance of the amplifier and...
  18. J

FS: Revel Performa 3 F206 (pair) Piano Black. Mint condition. Shipping EU (from Spain)

Finally I have sold the speakers through eBay. They went to Germany. What I did not know is that eBay was going to keep 12% of the sale. :eek: Great business for eBay... Thanks to all those interested. And I still don't understand how it is possible that Revel doesn't have a retail channel in...
  19. J

FS: Revel Performa 3 F206 (pair) Piano Black. Mint condition. Shipping EU (from Spain)

I can´t edit the first post to update the price... so i add it here: Selling price... I can accept offers. Anyway, the new sugested price is 1850€. :) I think is a very good price for these speakers. They are not easy to find in the EU and everybody in ASR knows that Revel has the best...
Top Bottom