Search results

1. M

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Not sure if this would work for you but if I listen to sensitive IEMs on my 887 and find the volume dial set too low, I just use EQ to reduce the preamplification by 7-10dB, or until the dial is around 12. The noise floor is so low that you won't get any added noise. No need for one of those...
  2. M

Topping DX3 Pro+ with Headphones with Low Impedance and High Sensitivity

How have you found the combination? Have you compared it with any other amplifiers/DACs or with other headphones? I'm looking at getting one myself and have the LCD-X too :)
  3. M

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Warranty is 3 years - the answer on Monoprice has been changed if I'm not mistaken.
  4. M

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

I got it :) very happy with it to say the least!!
  5. M

Yep it's a DAC 3 but the owner is a close friend of mine and would be doing me a (huge) favour! The topping's measurements intrigue me, as does the benchmark's reputation, build quality and features. I feel the topping may be more future-proof but the benchmark is a classic in the making...
  6. M

I'm also interested as to why you recommend against the TXH?
  7. M

Despite the topping having 'better' measurements, would you still consider the benchmark a better device? I intend to get a THX 887 when possible too.
  8. M

So I have been offered a Benchmark DAC3 HGC for the same price as the DX7 pro. What would you do?
  9. M

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

So I'm after some advice: a friend of mine is selling his DAC3 HGC for 900 AUD. Do I get that or a brand new Topping DX7 pro?
  10. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Has anyone compared the SU-8 to the Sabaj D5?
  11. M

Topping DX7 Pro

You are correct, Australia's nominal voltage is 230v but can exceed that by 10% as would be the case in most countries, I imagine.
  12. M

Topping DX7 Pro

Does anyone know if this can be used in Australia? (240v) Obviously an IEC isn't hard to acquire. EDIT: I spoke to 'Sunny' at HiFiGo and was given this response: "we got information from Topping officially, 240V is ok for DX7 pro. just the heat will inscrease a little, but it won't effect any...
  13. M

Sabaj D5 vs Topping DX7 Pro!

G'day friends! Now I am certain there are plenty of others with the same dilemma! I am well aware that the DX7 Pro is yet to be measured by master Amirm but I have no doubt it will happen soon! I'm sure either of these high-grade DAC/Amps would make all of us happy. Do you see any reasons to...
  14. M

Amp/dac help!

@ZeDestructor Bluetooth isn't such a big deal for me to be honest. I have decided to get either the 887 or 789 (when they're bloody available!) but with which dac? Would it be silly to use the D5 Sabaj instead of a dedicated dac?
  15. M

Amp/dac help!

@Veri @ZeDestructor Thank you for taking the time to help! So right now I'm leaning towards either the Sabaj D5 or Topping Dx7(s/pro) into the THX 887. Any marked differences? Alternatively, I could get just the RME... E
  16. M

Amp/dac help!

Dear all! Long time reader, first time posting so apologies if I am in the wrong area or asking things that have already been answered. I am looking at buying a DAC to use in my system between my computer and integrated amp. Maybe someone can correct me but perhaps a headphone amp/dac would...
Top Bottom