Search results

1. A

Best Portable Player

Adn by the way I use my Ipad to send airplay lossless to my Marantz 8805 which uses the AK4490s and it is truly impressive for my non-headphone stereo. I can't really tell the difference between that and native sources and the Airplay interface is far superior to the Marantz for the most part...
  2. A

Best Portable Player

Yeah, from all the objective data it seems the M11 is the best value. I can't deny the smooth sound of the A&K, but I think that is more in the analog section than the DACS. I just can't justify the price of the A&Ks for the objective data. Until you have an objective app you can put on the...
  3. A

Best Portable Player

I volunteer to send in my AR. Not becasue it sounds bad ... it is actually sonds pretty good, not the best but better IMO than the Higby, but the user interface is so bad I will honestly never use it. I've been trying to figure out a use for it but I can't. I don't even think I can use it...
  4. A

Best Portable Player

And by the way I agree with pretty much everything in this post. it popped up after I put my last reply in. Yes, trying to sort out marketing BS from fact is while we are all here. I am not trying to perpetuate any incorrect myths, I'm actually trying to sort facts from fiction out a lot of...
  5. A

Best Portable Player

OK, I've read your post several times and I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say, and far be it from me to argue with someone who knows every single android dap and everything about them, but you are seriously misguided when it comes to saying that we just need we need to keep building...
  6. A

Best Portable Player

Thanks Tential. I swear I searched for this on headfi but didn't get any hits. I guess I can just look through the forum. Its all android, but some people do a better job of getting rid of cpu wasting stuff they don't need than others. CPU speed is a big one but the customizing of the...
  7. A

Best Portable Player

Is it a different AMP? That is what I was hoping for. I will go look, but the pro is hard to find info on. Does the the PRO have a better processor as well? No info on the Fiio site.
  8. A

Best Portable Player

Wow, how did I miss that? I am actually looking for a stand alone player at the moment but I just bought a dragonfly usb DAC to use with a raspberry Pi for my Haloween/Christmans light show. Looking at that I think I would have bought it instead. I think I could have made it work and the...
  9. A

Best Portable Player

XLR, Sennheiser included the balnced XLR packaged and it fits int the hole of the THX :) I am still running the campfire IEMs singled ended until I decide on a cable/adapter.
  10. A

Best Portable Player

Thank all of your for your thoughtful replies, some of these I have considered, some were not even on my radar. I appreciate the scientific as opposed to the marketing BS. Thanks to a gracious friend I did some A/B testing tonight, using my iPad Pro as the baseline and using my campfire...
  11. A

Best Portable Player

So the wife bought me a set of campfire Atlas IEMs for my birthday. A very nice gift, but it was partially because she didn't like the open sound of my Sennheiser 800s that escaped since we are often in the same room doing different things. I am driving them with a Topping D70 and THX AA 789...
Top Bottom