Search results

1. I

MQA, where is decoding done, what is required?

my sense is that the MQA is a pure scam beyond the first unfolding, the 2nd unfolding is simply upsampling, and no one can explain what exactly the third unfolding do. And to only allow it on hardware only confirms my suspicion that it does absolutely nothing, as it is a lot more difficult to...
  2. I

Value and depreciation of an expensive high SINAD product in a fast growth and cycle industry

Speakers need real estate to match, there really is no end game I would rather spend my money on going to concerts than kilobuck audio equipments.
  3. I

Value and depreciation of an expensive high SINAD product in a fast growth and cycle industry

I swear that nobody can hear the difference between 113 SINAD and 120 SINAD, and I am perfectly happy with the onboard DACs of my computers. Features and build quality is something I would concern.
  4. I

SMSL SH-8 Headphone amp

It is a hybrid amp, output impedance not a problem for OP's T1 and popular Seinhauser cans
  5. I

SMSL SH-8 Headphone amp

and for those who look for a budget balanced out amp, loxjie P20 is an excellent one, you can get for $78 now on aliexpress. Truly amazing for its price.
  6. I

SMSL SH-8 Headphone amp

SH-8 $130 now on DROP, the best price I ever seen
  7. I

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Would anyone please elaborate on what is the “new finding”? Thx.
  8. I

Sabaj D5 vs. SMSL M500 vs. Topping DX7 Pro: measurement comparison

upgrade the cans and get a competent amp before worrying about DAC. but again buy from a retailer with good return policy, DAC hardly make any differences to most listeners
  9. I

Sabaj D5 vs. SMSL M500 vs. Topping DX7 Pro: measurement comparison

my only purchase of a topping product was dead on arrival so you never know. but you hope that they put extra QC effort on their top line yet no way to know if it is true. buy from a retailer with good return/exchange policies
  10. I

New Focal Chora 806 on and off-axis measurements

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4229550889426308119?q=Focal+Chora+806&prds=epd:5465974039767276455,prmr:3,tpim:CIL268Wpw_rQDhCS1-C-ypmA__8BGMDF-O0BIgNVU0Qo8OaX7gUwlchA,pdprs:5,cs:1&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_source=tu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&utm_campaign=1057813&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6eTtBRDdARIsANZ...
  11. I

Anyone else coming back to CDs?

cheaper rip a CD and burn another one if you have a computer
  12. I

Anyone else coming back to CDs?

i still use CD players for my speakers. desktop computers produce too much noise
  13. I

Why is audio objectivism so frequently focused on all the wrong things?

This thread becomes very difficult to follow. And I feel that a lot of posters spoke too fast, I included, without fully understanding what others try to say. As the context often got lost in between, the arguments appear more offensive or defensive than they actually are. I think that most of...
  14. I

would you please tell me the differences? I don't see how this can be so complicated.
  15. I

chill ... and i don't think that you need to resort to personal attack Toole emphasized on "listeners", and that's OP's main point. The judge should be the listeners, not the analyzers. That's his position, and mine as well. The goal of sound recording is to reproduce a performance for...
  16. I

I am open to any measurements as long as they are established to be associated with listener's experience, even very weak associations.
  17. I

"For the benefit of listeners"... This is how I read it. You cannot take the listeners out of the equation In another thread I mentioned the Steinways Spirio system which reproduce the music/performance from a totally different approach(limited and predates Thomas Edison). The recordings are...
  18. I

Here lies our fundamental disagreement. To me, as stated by Toole in the youtube video posted above, the goal of Hi-Fi is to reproduce the experience of a musical performance. By looking at a small set of electronic measurements as the gold standard, the big picture is lost.
  19. I

Totally agree on your comments. Unfortunately, a lot of high-end audio toys claim to be "handcrafted".
Top Bottom