Search results

1. T

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Recently tried a cheese from Parish Hill that blew my mind. Rare to find American made cheese this intense (my wife could barely stand watching me eat it). I suggest all of you in the northeast USA try something from them if you see it.
  2. T

Food Science Review

The Combustion thermometer he made is great. I’ve been using it since release and bought it for multiple friends. The time prediction for large cuts comes in handy. I usually rest steaks for 10 minutes or so so I have time to get everything else together. 10-15 degrees below target like he...
  3. T

DIY spinorama turntables

Any chance you’d share the SVG for this? I also use a Shaper Origin and this looks great.
  4. T

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Tried a couple new Piedmont wines. Valdaccenda Valmaggiore Rosso - light, deep, vibrant, silky Nebbiolo. And Colombera Timorrasso is definitely worth checking out for fans of Piedmonts second greatest grape.
  5. T

The 2001 you speak of is labeled Cote Rotie? I will have to track one down.
  6. T

Just had an 02 Perrieres. Such lovely wine.
  7. T

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

1500C and 1210 Mk7 here. Other than wild Michell tables, everything else is irrelevant to me.
  8. T

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Not bad compared to most on here. +/- 1.5dB from 100-10kHz, f6 below 40Hz, and 6dB bump where many are deaf… could sound fine.
  9. T

Bunch of Eric Texier wines last night. The St-Julien en St-Albans were singing, and the ‘09 Brézème a highlight as well. 2014 Côte-Rôtie was strange and lovely with reduction and a noticeable chunk of Viognier.
  10. T

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

Fancy ScanSpeak drivers for DIY 2-ways (beryllium tweeters included). Although I like the speakers, the parts cost was silly. Sony TA-E7B preamp and refurbishing ($1600 all in). Worth it as it is appreciated as decor. Arcam AVR ($1500). Poor technical performer according to ASR review, but...
  11. T

Sounds like a great 2015 tour of the Loire.
  12. T

hell ya brother
  13. T

hell ya brother
  14. T

This is absurd! The ROON windows app draws about 80 to 90W using my GPU.

FWIW I have an RTX 2080 and do not see this power issue with default settings. There’s a quick spike when opening Roon, but output wattage on the UPS goes back near where it was before Roon opened in a few seconds.
  15. T

Well shit, look what was on the list tonight.
  16. T

Mosse Moussamousettes is an auto-buy when I see it. How’s the Foradori?
  17. T

Weather turns a bit, I start opening Cab Franc. Collier was really incredible. Also, highly recommend trying Hammelmann Rosé if you get a chance - should make any white burgundy drinker very happy. Also, went to a new spot that was pouring these 6Ls of Sangiovese BTG. Very fun immediate...
  18. T

Thibaut? We had Christian Ducroux at my restaurant back in the day. We would start the "Ducroux timer" when opening for tables - basically, you would have 30 minutes before the mouse came out so drink up.
  19. T

There’s a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant in Chicago called Galit. Their list is full of Israeli/West Bank/Lebanese/Armenian wines. My favorite spot at the moment.
Top Bottom