Search results

1. G

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I'm confused. Have you fixed the issues in the batches, or are you proposing to do so? I'm still waiting for a proper confirmation here, as I'm interested in a purchase.
  2. G

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Hopefully not. That would inhabilitate ASR's neutrality/independence -- one of its most reputable qualities. On topic, looking at the interior of the JDS Atom, makes me wonder why it's so unnecessary wide and long. In any case, there's plenty of room to add a Khadas DAC board there, if JDS ever...
  3. G

Where in Europe you residing? I can sell you mine in mint condition cheaper than that, and buy one new for myself when travelling to the US in a few weeks. Honestly, for stack, JDS Atom is pretty much the reigning champion of amps, technically. Cleaner than DX7s too, and more than enough power...
  4. G

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, and it seems to be the best solution, to have minimal amount of space behind the units. I sent a mail to one of the custom cable sites, asking them if they can do something like that for me; that is, angled on both ends, but only 10cm long.
  5. G

You mean like applying your individual, hand-made design process of a single case to justify that of a large-scale manufacturing process? You have yourself to blame for being outed for making such a flawed comparison, after having thrown one assertive comment after another about your supposed...
  6. G

Sigh...I thought we were done.... Having done mechanical design, you also should be well-versed about economic of scale (costs drastically go down, as one produces more of the same unit). Just as you should be aware of the fact that handmade labor is not at all comparable to mass production...
  7. G

Nice, thx. How short are yours -- or, how short can they reasonably be customized to work for stacks without issue?
  8. G

Anybody got any good recommendations for (very) short and cable management-friendly RCA-cables to use for the JDS Atom, along with an external DAC (like the Khadas)? Burned myself too many times on buying RCA cables that are either utter crap, or turn out to be, online.
  9. G

The significant price tag of the incomparable and supreme case, as well as the massive amounts of quality work to put everything together and quality control the DAC itself, made the costs too big to handle. There’s only so much they can do with a $320-per-unit working budget to integrate the...
  10. G

$200, or rather $220, not $100. The $350 price is an introductory sales price. Of course you purposefully omit to mention that. Also, your argument is pretty terrible. So, I'm not allowed to criticize any product or their price, unless I can sell them cheaper personally? I guess I can't...
  11. G

I have learned more than a little bit from economy, thank you. Not that you are right literally ("greed is good" is literally the encouraging argument of modern market philosophies) at all, or even semantically. You literally defined greed yourself. The issue here seems to be your problem with...
  12. G

By that logic, the Schiit Magni 3 is a far, far, far better value than the JDS Atom. Even if it had cost $150-200, and not its original $100. After all, the Magni 3 is in a much better-looking and more "premium" metal housing. And while not as clean, it still is fairly clean and well within...
  13. G

It's literally the Khadas DAC with an added case, and a completely normal case at that. There is NO reasonable justification for that price. Khadas is already making money selling their own board for $99. Let's assume that March Audio are buying them in droves for the consumer price (which they...
  14. G

$300 (300% increase) for a simplistic case, and the awfully easy work to get the khadas in it? Are you being serious, dude? That's probably one of the closest things to a scam that isn't a scam.
  15. G

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Is there any way to test between Bluetooth and USB-connection, and find the difference in sound quality? I use Spotify, which is 320kbps, and am wondering if I miss out on anything, when using BT, instead of cable. It's kind of cumbersome to have to connect a cable to my PC, and I would love to...
  16. G

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Will wait until you get to test the other two dongles -- which I assume are the Razer and the Hidizs dongles.
  17. G

budget DAC to compliment the JDS Labs Atom ?

Yeah...no thank you. Looks like a 90's kids toy design.
  18. G

budget DAC to compliment the JDS Labs Atom ?

Which case? I don't see any cases. Also, why are there so huge variations between the Khadas units?
Top Bottom