Search results

1. V

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Frequency response on dacs are not boring indeed, it is so strange that i don't see any frequency response measurement of SMSL SU-8 on the internet, and might be a coincidence that you don't showed it up? That means that Su-8 might probably have a 'bad' FR handling. I would not choose a cheap...
  2. V

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Al Always like this.. I hoped someone would talk about Gustard X26 sound instead
  3. V

Seriously what? Are you versus the silver up-occ conductors? Should i remove the cables part so maybe i will be accepted here? :)
  4. V

Exactly, i don't see no one talking about on how it sound yet here, how?? Only two comments on superbestaudiofriends.. Some comments about Gustard X26 here would be appreciated a lot.. I am planning to get it with usb version very soon, with THX aaa 789 that is yet shipping, with only pure...
  5. V

Any way to contact Gustard for technical info's about this dac?
  6. V

Ok, you know what! I'll get it tomorrow on Amazon, so, which one version would you choose, and why? : Usb vs non usb? : Does this review was tester in optical? It Also says Dsd64 (DOP mode) via optical: What does it means? It upsample the pcm to dsd64??
  7. V

Could someone tell me if this Dac have oversampling? For example, if i use it via optical with an old device non hi-res 44-48khz, can the dac upsample it to hi-res? Or pcm to dsd conversion, as i see dsd on filter? That would sell me directly :)
  8. V

In which frequencies you mean it doesn't rise? <20khz? Because thd+n vs frequency i see that it rises past 2khz, what multitone do to it then? I do not know what is the multitone test, but i see there Is treble 'distortion' on the thd graph.. Not even mentioned once, so maybe i'm simply wrong...
  9. V

You're saying i can't hear the distortion of the treble? Sorry if i didn't speak well, but in the graph it rises and rises... I had to decide between Topping d70 (0,9db loss on 20hz-20khz freq. Response ; too much for my 21yr old ears) Smsl d1 (imd hump and 0,5db loss) and this (treble...
  10. V

Measurements are amazing, but i see the distortion in high frequencies are not being mentioned even once, why that? And, i would like to see how it extend that 'distortion' on 20 to 50khz too, or more.. I mean, you can see that, It's the only minor thing that something like smsl d1 doesn't have..
  11. V

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

I'm using filter 5 on D50, linear phase fast roll off, i can't change it, i feel is the best (Same as filter 3 on d70) There is no used d50 on ebay, when i'll take a balanced dac (Smsl d1 or D70) in very few months i'll put it on selling, along with Atom :)
  12. V

Okay thanks for explaining... But if the source music/audio is heavely compressed at like 6db of dynamic range, if i got 0.0db on dac, and the ess hump is at - 20dB, i will get the ess hump on my chain?
  13. V

Could you explain me what ESS hump is? Isn't that if ess hump is from - 20dB to - 30dB , if you put digital volume on the dac at that level (-25 example), you'll get worse sound, and if you put at 0.0dB sound will be cleaner? Or ess hump or general hump there is making sound more saturated...
  14. V

Your using it on filt You're using it on filter 3? And d50 5?
  15. V

Please sorry my questions, this is an spdif measurement? I'll use optical port mostly, the altera cyclone FPGA from D1 is Also with spdif? And ak4418 from d70 too? I mean, if jitter shown by you is same with Spdif..
  16. V

The Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz(±0.9dB) has triggered me a little, there is 1dB of loss there, too much for me unfortunately, who know how much it will traslate into 50khz or 100khz? Also, do you think SMSL D1 would be a little bit better sonically?
  17. V

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I Read in a forum both minimum are wrong technically, but feel more 'extended' in time and that's why he feel it kinda bassy .. Linear phase is the way to be 'right', or maybe even others.. I love Linear phase fast roll off with D50 dac and headphones.. Think i will use that even in my next D1...
  18. V

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Do you think it will get worse at the point to work no more? Dunno how much i have to pay for tax etc. for warranty from Italy, maybe it's better to fix for myself if not hard.. Anyway in 2-3 months i will get thx aaa 789 and will sell the Atom, so hope no need to fix that if not a must.. Then...
  19. V

Some new stuff from Topping and SMSL.

Probably 'same' as 'almost the same'? xD
  20. V

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I'm the first running in this defect after just 4 months of usage? In every gain I use, if i put volume from 12o'clocl until 15, right sound is without volume.. And some scratching from 10 to 12 o'clock.. But I find just now that switching volume holding pressed the right part of the volume pot...
Top Bottom