Search results

1. L

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

See if you can eliminate the enclosure and the hardware? :D:D
  2. L

The price appears to have little to do with the cost of producing the modules. They don't look very expensive. DIY'ers will probably have to pay close to the same as assembled units. I doubt Purifi is going to shoot themselves in the foot, but we'll see.
  3. L

So basically $2500 for a pair? That's not cheap. Lets hope the DIY version is half of that or less. But I'm not holding my breath.
  4. L

Speakon connections

I usually solder the lugs on. I could never seem to crimp them properly.
  5. L

Speakon connections

I use and have installed SpeakOn connectors on PA equipment, bass guitar amps etc. and love them. So easy to use and relatively inexpensive compared to good binding posts. Be sure to get genuine Neutrik from an authorized reseller. There's a lot of cheap fakes.
  6. L

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

I've read mixed reviews about that.
  7. L

Markertek is good too.
  8. L

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

"S" is balanced "D" is single ended.
  9. L

Mogami W2549 is popular bulk cable. Supposed to be neutral sounding. With some basic soldering skills, it's pretty easy to make your own cables.
  10. L

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I've used DSD with Foobar and JRiver on my notebook without too much trouble. Used it on my phone too with Foobar a couple other apps which I forget.
  11. L

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

I think the picture on their website looks better. The picture Amir took, seems to magnify the detail. Maybe the lighting.
  12. L

I'm anxious to see your review of AK449 DAC. I'd like to see some less expensive THX amplfiers for speakers too. And less expensive, high performance Class D amps.
  13. L

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

Hi-res is a tiny part of the retail music business. If MQA sells, they will can traditional hi-res. They already claim it's better than hi-res and also claim it's better than CD quality even without decoding. There are MQA CD's available. Do you think their end goal is to co-exist with hi-res...
  14. L

It may not happen, but I guarantee the goal is one-format-for-all.
  15. L

Maybe MQA wants to be sure their files sounds as good as the non MQA files, so they make you change your design so non-MQA files Do NOT sound better? I think MQA is the side that has a motive for deception. They've been claiming MQA sounds as good or better than masters while simultaneously...
  16. L

Paul McGowan said MQA wanted them to make changes that they weren't willing to make. Why would he care what happens when MQA files are playing? There's also other explanations and interpretations about the requirements of MQA. Either way MQA is telling you how to design your product. When...
  17. L

MQA makes designers alter their DAC design to favor MQA. The reason PS Audio won't include MQA in their non streaming DAC model.
  18. L

I think the Monoprice amp looks nicer.
  19. L

"buy once and you are done " Yeah done until the next one comes out! :D The next one should be a state of the art DAC (ES9038PRO or AK4499 chipset) with THX amp in one box under $500. Maybe add an option for a stepped attenuator.
  20. L

"THD+N: -124 dB • Dynamic Range, S/N: 140 dB (Mono), 137 dB (Stereo), 134 dB (4ch)" So about the same as the ES9038PRO with slightly better THD+N
Top Bottom