Search results

1. day7a1

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Oof, could you imagine listening to such a thing? You'd have to sit in a chamber, trying to not breathe just to hear the quiet parts, then BOOM!!!! 96dB in your face. Sitting there trying to get your earplugs in.
  2. day7a1

I can confirm that I expect both.
  3. day7a1

You'll note that streamed music isn't counted in volume. Given that current volumes aren't much less than 70s era volumes even without streaming, we can conclude that a significantly larger number of people now have access to music. I would expect actual revenues to increase to CD heyday...
  4. day7a1

Volume sales are less. Revenue is about the same in real dollars, i.e. after adjusting for inflation. Still no Kraft dinner. Well, maybe with fancy dijon ketchup. Thanks for the graphs!
  5. day7a1

Physical sales are 9% of all sales. I'd like to know what you consider "crushing" if you don't think it's already happened. Regarding getting rid of a format, I'm sure they'll sell it to you any way you want it. Vinyl and cassette still exist. I don't see all jewel case manufacturers...
  6. day7a1

You mean DRM. There is a lot of options when it comes to the delivery and distribution of digital copies, but I think the music industry showed everyone that relying on hard copy "ownership" isn't realistic in the digital age. Software, movies, games, music, etc. are all copyrighted...
  7. day7a1

So you agree but missed where I said: ??
  8. day7a1

You say you don't follow but you expressed my point better than I did. Clearly I'm not the only one to notice this.
  9. day7a1

I'm not sure this is true. I mean, from the consumer's standpoint I can see how this is common sense, but while I have no strong views either way on this topic for music, my view of the subscription model for video games has changed dramatically and I think the reason is relevant here. There...
  10. day7a1

Ah. Here's the misunderstanding. It was an actual theft and the story was meant as a personal sob story of why I don't own any music. You appeared to insult me completely out of the blue about how I was whining about my predicament. Seemed a bit much. But if you didn't catch the actual theft...
  11. day7a1

Oh, I totally get having CDs. It's not reasonable for me to try to start up a collection now, but I certainly wouldn't mind having one. I do have some vinyl from my DJ days that I could probably dig out. CDs are great. If you go back you'll see that I was out of the industry for a bit and not...
  12. day7a1

I think if he saw the context that wasn't linked through replies in my conversation earlier he'd understand it had nothing to do with CDs, really. I did not realize that there was any sensitivity regarding the issue at all. I guess I should apologize. I waded into waters of unknown current.
  13. day7a1

You really, really misjudged my tone. I honestly didn't understand it. I was legitimately curious. You explained it just fine. And the DVDs are a good example of the fact that people do still buy disks, with the difference being only that you can buy DVDs in almost any store but not CDs, so DVD...
  14. day7a1

That's a bit uncalled for, isn't it? Using a fancy word to insult someone doesn't make you less of a jerk. I wasn't responding to you and you didn't have to read it. I will agree that listening styles can be very different. I tend to listen to newly released material which would add up quickly...
  15. day7a1

Stream of consciousness buying process, or Talk me off the "inaudible" cliff.

I already plan to get 2 subs. Hsu Research is the only one I know of with balanced inputs though, which seems strange to me because all of them recommend multiple subs that could have distant placement. It's not that hard to wrap up 50' around the edges of rooms and across power cables. Don't...
  16. day7a1

I happened upon a deal on them for a set of open boxes. I was not sold on them at $4k, but for a bit more than half that, I was. Subs were always intended. I do not have a room nor will I have a room that doesn't change every 2-3 years for the next 20 years. I needed bookshelves that were...
  17. day7a1

(Note: This started with a question, but as is often the case the more I got into exactly I was trying to ask the closer I got to just answering the thing myself, which I believe I did. So here is my thought process open for correction, notes, questions, or other critique/discussion.) So I love...
  18. day7a1

It is, however, sometimes decided by the Electoral College, apparently.
  19. day7a1

Absolutely not!!!!!!! Just because something hasn't been quantified and measured YET doesn't mean that it cannot ever be quantified and measured.
  20. day7a1

Insurance needed the cases. I didn't have most of them. Some may not have been exactly purchased. I did have insurance. They also stole a multichannel ADC, well, the card. They didn't take the external piece. Oh, the early 2000s.... I don't know if you were around or working in the music...
Top Bottom