Search results

1. daftcombo

Review and Measurements of Klipsch Heritage DAC & HP Amp

From the measurements, sound quality should be the same at sane playing levels. In a level-matched ABX, I doubt you hear a difference. XLR is definitely better though from a measurements point of view, you are right.
  2. daftcombo

Please quote the sentence where Amir writes the sound with XLR output on this device is better than unbalanced if you can find it. I cannot see it.
  3. daftcombo

Yeah but you were implying Amir just worte so. I can't see it.
  4. daftcombo

Notice to Members Regarding Recommended Products

One thing certain: purchase a not recommended item at your own risk. (totaldac, etc.)
  5. daftcombo

Recommendation: Adam S3V vs JBL LSR 708P

Is it a flat or a house? If you don't have neighbours underneath, you might want more bass than the 305P is able to produce. In a flat I think it will be sufficient and nice.
  6. daftcombo

Recommendation: Adam S3V vs JBL LSR 708P

IMHO, the 705P are good value for money. Plugged on an electric bar on a separate wall socket (the other devices being on another), you can barely hear a hiss of the tweeters 2 meters away, even with unbalanced interconnect. Sound quality and imaging are great. My bedroom is small though (less...
  7. daftcombo

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I would like to see more coaxial and optical input DAC measurements. Espcially if cheap & with balanced output.
  8. daftcombo

Need help for shipping cost of a NAIM DAC V1

Just donated a tiny bit. If the DAC finally doesn't ship, use the money for reviewsing something else. Cheers!
  9. daftcombo

A Tale of Two Phono Preamps, Part 1: Pro-Ject Phono Box DS+

Nice to see my beloved 1more Triple Driver Over-ear on the picture (used with PEQ here). And thanks for the double review!
  10. daftcombo

USB current output for a DAC

Yes it would be a good solution. But if 200 mA were enough it wouldn't cost me 1 cent more !
  11. daftcombo

It would allow me to put the PC further from my desk. Headphones cables is short for 1more Triple Drive Over-ear.
  12. daftcombo

Hi, I am considering buying a keyboard with 2 USB slots. It is written "don't plug a hard drive or DVD player or anything needing more than 200 mA" on the keyboard USB slots. Would a DAC, for instance a Audioengine D3, work properly?
  13. daftcombo

Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

Hi, I've been using a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD for a month now. It works just fine. So good to listen to music in silence...
  14. daftcombo

List of THD for a lot of CD/DVD players

Hi, I found on a french forum this huge list of measured THD values for a lot of CD and DVD players, from cheap to expensive. https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/ressources/tableau-des-sources-numeriques-rangees-par-ordre-chronologiq/169940 For example, I was happy to see that my SONY DVP NS...
  15. daftcombo

What bit depth should I set my DAC to?

So 16bit always enough except on Windows if you use Windows as volume control?
  16. daftcombo

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Thanks. Even if you're right, headphones with impedance lower than 80 ohm might have their frequency response changed then.
  17. daftcombo

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Thanks but Amir didn't test that V2 and the headphones out is different IIRC (and impedance higher maybe?).
  18. daftcombo

What bit depth should I set my DAC to?

Would like to see an ABX of 16bit VS 32bit from you. Unless you listen to extremely dynamic music & louder than 96dB, it's unlikely you pass it.
  19. daftcombo

Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase

You are backing what I said: only advantage is low latency.
Top Bottom